If you could do three, quick, inexpensive things to my 620, what would you do?

OrthoKyL

Heya Ratsun 620! Short time lurker here, finally made an account!

Here's my Imgur album for my 620 Kingcab. If you could do at the most, three inexpensive modifications to her, right away, just by looking at these pictures, what would they be?

MFi87sUl.jpg

My little back story behind this post if you'd like to read:

My family has grown beyond what a two seater, 3-speed automatic pickup can accommodate so we've let the registration on her expire this year. She'll be sitting around, for at the very least, the next two years. Saddened as I am by the immediate loss my little hunting/go pickup random items hauler, I will happily now have the time to toss her in our dirt garage and get to bringing her back to some sort of respectable condition. Of course, paint sanding, blah, blah will happen. But for the moment, I'd like to make things as inexpensive, non time consuming as possible.

Our third child is due next month, so that's my reasoning behind "inexpensive and quick". If you wouldn't mind browsing through the imgur album I made today of the little beast and tossing around a few ideas, pretty please!

Yes, she has a webber carb annnnnnnnnnddddd...that's about it. She's very much so alive, and the engine hasn't given me any grief since I bought her five years ago. Still has side trim+the seats are pretty damn good condition under the seat covers (they match the door trim blue plaid!) Its a three speed automatic, that, again hasn't given me any grief as well.

I have a parts car at another location that has almost anything this car would need, including a 5 speed manual if the auto randomly dies (god I hate those mirrors!!)

Another Link to the Same Album!

Thanks for reading!

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

drop it low girl, AT LEAST 3" all around. 

that rear bumper is ugly but id keep it on until you could

find another. all it takes is one lil low speed collision to 

completely wreck that rear end.

if its going to sit and you fill the tank with gas.... add a gas additive. 

gas still has water in it, which will rust out your tank. 

true, a full tank of gas will rust less than a half/etc tank, but it can still 

rust and id battle that anyway possible. idk what fuel additives actually 

work so thats your hw

-Lower the front a few inches (free!)

-add a tachometer (less than $50)

-pull the rear bumper (free! And dangerous! As Dawa pointed out,).

Still, 3 things that are cheap and will change the appearance of your truck.

I dunno why, but ever since I installed my first tach in a 620 I feel like they all need them, ha.

It's "nice" to see how the RPM gauge corresponds with the MPH gauge, gives you more things to watch.

Cheap and easy..........

First off, I wouldn't even think of painting it. Not inexpensive!! Get rid of the stripes that don't match the new fender. It will give your truck a clean look that you will notice right off the bat. Maybe do a little detail work with a rattle can. Tail light mounts, grill, frame, fender wells.......that kind of stuff.

Second, clean the wiring under the dash. Buy a couple bags of zip ties and tie back all the ones that are hanging down. Now your interior will look a lot better.

Last, Unless you tow a lot, those big ass ugly mirrors and bumper would be gone. Start looking through the 620 build pages. There are several, very good looking, trucks here on Ratsun. Mirrors from a 720 are cheap at the yards.

I will just throw a couple more cheap things out there for you.

Buy a jug of either simple green or super clean and give that engine a good cleaning. Makes tuning and tinkering on your rig enjoyable when it's clean. And you'll be very proud to show off that beautiful "L".

Lowering you truck WILL give it a whole new look. Even with the old wagon wheel spokes. You can turn your torsion bars down a little or re index them. The latter is better because it keeps the bolts that go through the arms from dragging and getting bent. Blocks and U-bolts for the rear are fairly cheap. Or, for about the same money, could put a set of springs from a 720 4X4 in the rear for a 2" drop. Again, 720's are still fairly plentiful in the yards. Besides, blocks make it a pain to adjust your rear brakes.

Good looking truck though. Will make a great reason to spend some "personal time" in the garage. 

Oh, on the gas issue, if your going to fill it with some gas for storage, buy "clear" super. Not sure if you have a Wilco or Texaco near you, but they both sell it. Contains NO ethanol. It stores a lot better than the cheap crap. I would still put some Sta-bil in it too.