Here's My 73' 620!...

So here's my first 620 I bought for $1,150.00. The Interior is in good shape and it runs great! ,When I brought it home,it was stock height with ugly,rusty,14'" Chrome Steel Modular Wheels. I was in such a hurry to replace the Wheels with some old ones I had laying in the Archives,that I forgot to take some "BEFORE" pictures of the Truck. So here it is with Chevy 4X4 Wheels and 4-5 inch SLAM,2 1/4 inch Exhaust with rear mounted Turbo Muffler...What do you guys think?

Martinspictures138.jpg

Martinspictures139.jpg

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Wheels are from a wrecked Chevy Suburban 4X4 and the front spoiler is from 68 Chevy Camaro!(it fits and only $28.00!)...hmmm Chevy Parts+Datsun=Cool...notice the vintage Keep on Tuckin' License Plate frame. My plans are to paint it White and give it a Datsun BRE 510 look with the Fender Stripes... Martinspictures140.jpg

Looks BITCHEN! Like a racecar!

Love the mirrors! Love the wheels!

Noticed your "heat" is disconnected, are you having problems with the heater core? There's a few 620's around here, I could snag another one if you need-

(But So-Cal doesn't get cold anyway, right?:rolleyes:)

Looks BITCHEN! Like a racecar!

Love the mirrors! Love the wheels!

Noticed your "heat" is disconnected, are you having problems with the heater core? There's a few 620's around here, I could snag another one if you need-

(But So-Cal doesn't get cold anyway, right?:rolleyes:)

Thanks Bud, my fan blower doesn't work and the heater valve is jammed shut so I don't know if my core is good or not,but if I decide to revamp the system,I'll let you know.THX!

They're 15x8's off a Chevy Suburban 4x4 with 205/50/15's.....QUESTION;Will this suspension drop 'tear up' my Drive Shaft Center Carrier Bearing?

it should'nt. Id look underneath & check the condition of the rubber that goes around the bearing. If it's work or cracked bad id replace it before it lets loose. PM Datsun dreamer he recently replaced his & will prob. let you know where he bought it.

it should'nt. Id look underneath & check the condition of the rubber that goes around the bearing. If it's work or cracked bad id replace it before it lets loose. PM Datsun dreamer he recently replaced his & will prob. let you know where he bought it.

It was just replaced before I bought the Truck so hopefully It will hold up.

As far as the center support goes...I am a big fan of getting a one piece shaft made. After calling around a ton when mine went south...i found that they could build me a sweet looking 1 piece for less than the work i needed done on mine. I was getting the shaft balanced too...after I had shortened it for the 5 speed conversion...but still..worth looking into. Better stop light action too..since there is no more sloppy driveline. Just a thought.

DSC00744.jpg

Lowering the truck will actually help in this case, because it alignes the trans output and the rear diff better.

I agree with denveratsun,

Replacing the carrier bearing is a HUGE pain in the @$$ for very little payoff, I totally regret not just having a driveshaft made when I replaced mine.

Sure, a new bearing setup will be like 1/3 the price, but the bearing is pressed on so you have to smack it off- AFTER you remove the dent in the bolt that holds it on (another battle altogether). Once it's off you have to press the new bearing on and put the dent back in the bolt (and I'm probably leaving alot out).

Pretty much, if you don't have a breaker bar and vise (or several large C-clamps and a workbench:D) it's impossible. And even if you have all of that, it still takes hella time to do!

I won't be doing it again.:rolleyes:

.....So I ordered a new Hood and Right Fender from PartsTrain.com....and the Hood is about a 1/4 inch too short!!!!...BEWARE!....and I still need to install the Fender! Yikes!:rolleyes: