hi new to ratsun but not datsuns

Datsunjay

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome aboard looks good,bumper removal check,lower truck,wheels or make stockers look good,just over all clean truck and your balling..

And does it not feel good to own the nicest truck on earth,think about it everybody has got a 620,there dime a dozen but not everyone can have a 521.you are a select few the elite you should be proud.you are a navy seal.

That's the thing it starts no problem idles good. I drive it down the street hit third it starts to bog out and lose power and sometimes back fires and once it dies the battery does have enough power to turn it back over. I've changed the fuel filter, spark plugs checked the points, the timing right on, changed the volt reg and alt, new battery

As rpm climbs you lose power ,did you check for fuel ,and hows your spark.Is the fuel tank dirty,does it idle ok did you reverse the spark plug wires?

no it just kinda randomly loses power then cuts off if i don't give it gas. the spark is fine. its got a half a tank of gas so it has gas. the tank could be dirty i just don't know what to do with half a tank of gas that in there to check. one thing i did notice was that when the car was idling i looked under bed and notice the filler hose getting sucked in opened the gas cap air sucked in filler hose went back to normal.... anybody know why this would happen?

Well the tank is a vessel,if you pull product out you need to displace with air.If you keep pulling from the tank you can implode it,highly unlikely but just think of a straw if you suck on it with your finger holding the other side it will collapse and you get no air of course.there should be a vent line running up by the fuel neck filler.

521 trucks came with evaporative emission control, and without, depending on the model year, and state they were originally sold in.

Evaporative emission 521 trucks have a cover ahead of the left wheel well, inside the bed.

Non evaporative emission trucks do not have this cover.

Non evaporative emission trucks vent air into the gas tank through non sealed gas cap.  if you put a evaporative emission gas cap on an non evaporative emission truck, the tank gets sealed.

There is also a valve, with three 1/4 ID hoses on the left inner fender, on the evaporative emission trucks.  One hose goes to the bottom of the air cleaner, one hose to a small pipe on the side of the larger tube that attaches to the PCV valve, and the third hose goes back to ther gas tank.  This hose goes to a metal pipe, and then outside the left inner fender, and back to the gas tank plumbing.  This pipe is the gas tank vent.

521 trucks came with evaporative emission control, and without, depending on the model year, and state they were originally sold in.

Evaporative emission 521 trucks have a cover ahead of the left wheel well, inside the bed.

Non evaporative emission trucks do not have this cover.

Non evaporative emission trucks vent air into the gas tank through non sealed gas cap.  if you put a evaporative emission gas cap on an non evaporative emission truck, the tank gets sealed.

There is also a valve, with three 1/4 ID hoses on the left inner fender, on the evaporative emission trucks.  One hose goes to the bottom of the air cleaner, one hose to a small pipe on the side of the larger tube that attaches to the PCV valve, and the third hose goes back to ther gas tank.  This hose goes to a metal pipe, and then outside the left inner fender, and back to the gas tank plumbing.  This pipe is the gas tank vent.

i dont have mine and very good point forgot all about this,good job daniel

• 3 weeks later...

been really busy but i gotta around to taking more photos. so here you go!

photo5_zps7cca7b84.jpg

photo4_zpsdb1a2249.jpg

fyi the bungee cord has been removed and replaced with a battery stay

photo3_zpscf789af8.jpg

photo2_zps08f83426.jpg

photo1_zpsc1f76b6a.jpg

and yes it does need to lowered just waiting to get paid to buy some blocks.