Barn Find!

Before you curse me .... I searched!:) Today I picked up a 1970 2 door 510 with 55,xxx orig miles from the orig owner. She says the only thing she ever had changed were the tires and the oil, that she can remember. This thing still has the plastic wrap on the rear side panels. She's been Garaged her whole life but still has an inch of dust on! It was last ran in 2002, though she claims that there were NO issues that forced the Datsun into retirement, I'm SURE sitting still for 11 years didnt do it any favors. Is there anything that I should do with the auto tranny before trying to fire this beast up, short of swapping it for a manual? It was too windy today and she didnt want to deal with paperwork and money ect. today and invited me back tomorrow to finalize this purchase. I'm sure I'll most likely end up pulling the entire fuel system, cleaning, and reinstalling tomorrow.

I've been hearing about THIS car in THIS barn for years and finally checked it out today :poke:  Originally my plans were for this to be my D.D. but after I saw it i thought," I gotta sell this one!" but once my wife saw it she was against the thought of me selling it. She also got pretty upset when I told her, " YOU'RE NOT DRIVING IT!" we'll see how well I can keep her outta the left seat soon! one more question....Do these things get ripped off very often? I would hate to go out to dinner after a cruise and haveta take a cab back!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We have a rule here "Pics or it didn't happen"!

As for being "ripped" do you mean stolen, then that really depends in your area there are thieves everywhere. To avoid getting it stolen always park it at a spot where it will be at a clear view and check on time to time.

Pics WILL be coming! Unfortunatly, judging by the wind already, it wont be happening today though.

Wow Ratwagon! I must apologize, as I wasn't made aware that penis size was measured by post count in the land down under. I cut my teeth on old International Harvesters but I have been driving old Datsuns since you were probably but an inch in your daddys pants! :thumbup:

Don't be a hater, YOU cant score them all!

Loser!

Hands off your obviously very small penis.

Pics, or it didn't happen!!

Do your mum and dad know you are using the Internet without being supervised ?

Don't feed the troll!

Clearly another prepubescent fucktard that might have his first orgasm from posting bullshit on the Internet.

Good luck when you reach puberty Desert rat.

LOL! this guy! dude I've a bucket of balls, a pound of penis, and enought hair on my ass to weave an indian blanket and he calls me prepubescent! LOL

• Like 2

We have a rule here "Pics or it didn't happen"!

As for being "ripped" do you mean stolen, then that really depends in your area there are thieves everywhere. To avoid getting it stolen always park it at a spot where it will be at a clear view and check on time to time.

I thought the rule was "Pics or Ban"

Wow ratwagon, way to scare somebody off after their first post by being an asshole...

As for the car, leys see some pics!

whatever happened to ratsuners needing thick skin?  better he learn to bring the pics now then start up a ton of posts with no pictures. 

besides, ratwagons post was pretty funny.

• Like 3

whatever happened to ratsuners needing thick skin?  better he learn to bring the pics now then start up a ton of posts with no pictures. 

besides, ratwagons post was pretty funny.

Thank you, my point exactly.

How many times have you seen people post on various forums about their amazing finds, without anything to substantiate or corroborate their statements.  As we all know, pictures dont lie (unless they are photochopped).

Geez, it should be mandatory to include pics with posts like the OP's, or the post gets deleted.

If the OP has indeed found the stated car, its a good score.

BTW Darrel, Im way uglier than Roseanne Barr :rolleyes:

alright guys i know you're all wanting to throw in the bullchit card! Wind was way too strong today for her to open up the greenhouse, yup a greenhouse! She has kept it stored in a fiberglass greenhouse that had been painted and used as a dirtfloor garage. But I did seal the deal today and talked with her in detail about the history of this car. and the story goes.... its actually a 71 originally purchased in late '70 in Florida. She , and her domestic life partner, moved to the present location in 1975. Shortly after moving here the radiator was replacedand she got into a fender bender and had to replace or repair,"she couldnt remember which", the left fender. sometime in the '80's a new head gasket was needed. In '85 she said she got out of the car to open a gate and didn't put the trans in park so it rolled back about 50 feet and crused a trash can putting a ding above the right tail light. around 2000 another fender bender...the same fender as before. Her domestic partner passed away in '97 and the car saw only about 2-2.5 miles a year until 2002 when it was parked where it sits right now. Needs some T.L.C. a left fender, the "eyebrow" on the left a couple of stitches let go on the driver seat, but the material still seems very plyable "sp?". So after fishing around the internet it looks as though I should be able to get all the parts for well under $500. $1500 purchase, $1500 paint & body and hopefully less than a grand to get her old heart pumping again, tranny shifting, brakes stopping, ect. set up the tow truck to pick it up at 9am on wednesday. She has never sold a car before so she wants to accompany me to AAA to do the transfer. so pics come here on Wednesday. I was even thinking of throwing it on this site to see if anyone might be willing to trade it for a 5 speed in a similar car??? This one almost seems like it should be in a nissan showroom or a museum rather than my daily beater :crying:

Where the heck does one get a decent job done for $1500...

Better not be maaco

Classic car refinishers in Rialto. he's a buddy of mine and does some pretty bitchin work! BUt that $1500 was a guess on my part for the paint / body.I may be WAY off here.