Top 5 mods for a 620...

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Matchbox dizzy (never have to replace/set points or timing again, better starts)

KA hgh volume oil pump (more pressure at low speeds, more volume if running a spray bar)

Internal regulated 90 amp KA alternator (run the largest sub and amp you like and extra headlights)

Gear reduction starter. (simply because I like the distinctive sound it makes)

Mid 90s MonteCarlo rear view mirror. (button mount on inside of windshield, Has two handy map reading lights with switches, can be connected to door switches and used as a much better interior light)

• Like 1

Well I dunno bout a 620 but for a 521

EI dizzy

Hi volume oil pump

dogleg 5 speed

good carb

higher output alt

oh and number 6.....just having my Datsun dependable is a great mod for me! :thumbup:

all these require no cutting of truck. It still looks stock and cool as hell

• Like 2
mike i want to see the map light and mirror

Ha ha I guess I stole from my 620 and put it on my goon. Anyway heres through the windshield...

710goonmirror001Large.jpg

... and looking up from under. The map lights shoot down in front of the dash and light up your lap. You can drive with them on unlike the roof mounted interior lamps which light the whole cab. Haven't wired it yet but they will light with the door switches and you can manually work L & R as a map reading lamp. I think this was in a MonteCarlo but the Lumina has them also. You have to get the special glass mounting epoxy to hold the metal button and the lamp just screws to it.

710goonmirror002Large.jpg

• Like 1

Not in order but...

5 speed swap

lift or lower

wink mirror

Add all the factory options (intermitent whipers, tach, disc breaks, ect)

Build up the L motor (peanut head, flat tops, su's)

I'm sure i'd fall in love with a dual cam ka swap... which is why i must never ride in one haha my wallet would never be the same

• 2 months later...

"flowmaster 40 muffler" only if your not looking for perfomance out of your Lblock. I use to think flows were all that and had one on my dime. At that time I built my first L22 with a decent cam,big valves,dual 40's,unilight dizzy,nissan comp header,2 1/4 exhaust and a flowmaster and after it broke in I was disapponted that I had an engine that ran flat at 6000 rpm. After a few weeks driving like that ifor whatever reason decided I wanted to try a magnaflow,to my amazment gained an extra 1200rpm of useable power. It now felt like had expected and used 7200rpm as ashift point when I was gettin it. Just my 2 cents.

1) Ka swap

2) Full independant suspension swap

3) Stereo

4) Tint the windows

5) Refer back to #1 (converted to datsun, you gotta go for a spin at least once !!)

Haha as long as I don't drive it I might still be happy with my L20b, I have a peanut head, 5 speed, 4.11s, and 38mm su's so it ain't exactly slow haha

• Like 1

1) slam it

2) build an L-16 (11:1, 219 head, 45 Webers, Howard's cam, nitrous)

3) shave handles, weld up seams, tailgate

4) convertable w/o kit

5) 3" chop top

got a 510 to drive while doing the body mods, put motor in 510, lost interest in 620, got married, had kids, 15 years later, body/frame got hauled off for scrap. Kick myself everyday for letting that happen. Still have all the powdercoated disc brake suspension parts & new susp. pieces sitting in a box in the shed though.

• 5 months later...

Havent seen yet...

1. Remove stock side mirrors

2. Flatten stock valance (they came stock all fucked up, far as I can tell)

3. SEEAAAAFFOOOAAAAAMMMM!!!!!!11!!!!!!1 (not really. Im a Marvel man, myself)

4. Top up fluids that have gone unchecked for six years

5. foil around fuses

Shit. I need six.

6. Splice in miscellaneous pieces of wire that go to nothing. Wrap in dollar store electrical tape.