My latest 510 build.

scooter stuff

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just read the whole thread. This thing is awesomely amazing. You said it had front end damage, did you take the valence off or was it already removed? I have to take mine off to rid it of some surface rust behind it & would like to know how you did it before I royaly screw mine up.

Just read the whole thread. This thing is awesomely amazing. You said it had front end damage, did you take the valence off or was it already removed? I have to take mine off to rid it of some surface rust behind it & would like to know how you did it before I royaly screw mine up.

Yeah, i replaced the core support & valance. i used a spot weld drill.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Scooter,

What a magnificent build and I like the uniqueness of your color combination because of it being outre!

I really like the photo of your daughter holding up her hand written message "Someday this dime will be mine!"

Reminds me of when my daughter was in high school and I told her she could have Grandpa's 1977 Datsun 810 that I built for my Dad (it was passed down to me) if she maintained good grades.  She was quite excited and shared the news with her schoolmates.  

Well, it was unfortunate that her schoolmates didn't know much about Datsuns and they all convinced her that she wanted a Honda!  They even went as far as saying that Datuns were gay cars!

Well, I took some real offense to that remark!  ( I actually wanted to go to her school and "bitch slap" (pardon me!) those dumbpoops!  I ended up selling the car to a racer from HybridZ - the Zcar website, and she has regretted to this day of having been influenced by those "idiot schoolmates" of hers.  I was gonna show her your build thread but I don't want to hurt her feelings.  She does plan on acquiring a Datsun project car since she'll be making lots of money.  Heck, she better buy me a project car - haha!

Any update photos Scooter please?  Excited to see your progress Scooter.

Thanks,

Ernie

I talked to your interior guy. He's going to measure your wheel well covers and make me a set. Also, I'm going to have him cover some seats I bought. My wallet will likely hurt a bit.. but he does great work.

I talked to your interior guy. He's going to measure your wheel well covers and make me a set. Also, I'm going to have him cover some seats I bought. My wallet will likely hurt a bit.. but he does great work.

I think you will be pleasantly surprised with the cost and quality.

Hi Scooter,

What a magnificent build and I like the uniqueness of your color combination because of it being outre!

I really like the photo of your daughter holding up her hand written message "Someday this dime will be mine!"

Reminds me of when my daughter was in high school and I told her she could have Grandpa's 1977 Datsun 810 that I built for my Dad (it was passed down to me) if she maintained good grades.  She was quite excited and shared the news with her schoolmates.  

Well, it was unfortunate that her schoolmates didn't know much about Datsuns and they all convinced her that she wanted a Honda!  They even went as far as saying that Datuns were gay cars!

Well, I took some real offense to that remark!  ( I actually wanted to go to her school and "bitch slap" (pardon me!) those dumbpoops!  I ended up selling the car to a racer from HybridZ - the Zcar website, and she has regretted to this day of having been influenced by those "idiot schoolmates" of hers.  I was gonna show her your build thread but I don't want to hurt her feelings.  She does plan on acquiring a Datsun project car since she'll be making lots of money.  Heck, she better buy me a project car - haha!

Any update photos Scooter please?  Excited to see your progress Scooter.

Thanks,

Ernie

Updates soon!

• 2 weeks later...