Decided to do some wood working-- LETS SEE YOUR STUFF TOO!!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just started this trying to keep the wife happy so she will let me have some datsun time.

Finished a dinning room table and an entertainment center. As well as some x-mas presents for the little ones.

Will try to post some pictures tonight for you guys. I love woodworking keeps my mind busy.

• 2 months later...

That's what I'm thinking of doing..... But at the same time the railings connect to the pillars on the sides and I dunno if it'd clash having a stained surface right up next to paint without some kind of transition/border. Wife says paint, I'm thinking stain its a never ending debate lol

Built this gazebo/ 'barbecue pit' for a buddy a few years back.

P7080013_zps8778d2a6.jpg

Cupola

P7080009_zps9d6b2a63.jpg

The 'soffiting' was a pain in the ass...but....came out rather well.

P7240060_zps2cd563a5.jpg

Mounted an exhaust fan...

P7240059_zpsb87a2b98.jpg

P7240061_zps7f90aea7.jpg

P7240062_zpse9e9f3c3.jpg

Of course we couldn't forget a weathervane

P8060037_zpsc80d34e1.jpg

P8060038_zps8213daec.jpg

Now he wants it skirted and screened in.....moar work.......that is good.

^^^^^^^^^^ LOLOLOL  Thats Awesome

Dude! wheres the seatbelt? :thumbup:

Komeuppance That racing seat is magnificent! I may steal that idea. Good job!
Haha thanks guys.

No seatbelt needed, most of the time... lol.  I did get a beer/bottle holder installed and my daughter was able to try it out:

RacingBaby.jpg

-Robert

during my wine rack phase...

This is a tune I wrote in '99. Milo was an old guy I met. He just retired from the forest service where he helped companies set up kilns for the commercial lumber industry. He had a lifetimes worth of knowledge about drying wood, something that I am extremely interested in. He passed away shortly after I met him. He had a heart attack but the local ER didn't catch it and sent him home. What a shame. What a loss. 

This is me fucking around at the shop one night, hit record and blow. At the close of 2011 all I had left are some photographs of my work. No more business, no more shop, no house, no money... horn in tragic need of repair, and the only thing I care about any more is getting a new reed.  

It hurts to think how much sawdust I ate that year, and how hard I worked... only to fail miserably. I guess I'm retired now... at least tired.

Any idiot can be a excellent carpenter... I'm living proof...

I found some 4" casters that came from a hospital bed I got from the dump... welded up a frame for them. They are attached to bottom of the tool boxes I made for my Datsun tools. The chest on top is for all kinds of little 620  goodies that fall into my tool box @ PnP. Clips, grommets, hood bumpers, heater parts...

Shot it inside and out with three coats of commercial water-bourne varnish. All the ply, pulls and even black walnut came from a kitchen I tore out on a remodel. Every single edge has a radius throughout.  

DSCN6080.jpg

The idea came from campaign chests that British Officer's had when they were stationed in the field. The middle chest is sockets, breaker bars, torque wrenches...

DSCN6079.jpg

top drawers are soldering guns to die grinders, small tools and supplies...

DSCN6077.jpg

I did something I saw in antiques. I used a thick drawer bottom as the guide for the drawer, so it rides in a slot on the side of the  carcase. The Ratsun version of full extension drawer slides. Reeeet!

DSCN6076.jpg

Digging around in some old folders and found this one.  Needed a cabinet that was big enough to fit the headers off my Z or some good size wheels.  Couple that with me being a cheap ass and not wanting to spend the money to buy a cabinet.

sandblaster.jpg

003.jpg

• 3 weeks later...