Decided to do some wood working-- LETS SEE YOUR STUFF TOO!!

All wood workers, etc.., Lets see your stuff too.  Post in Here

I figured Id build an entertainment cabinet for our system. Its not the best work but will do. Needing better wood working setup to do better. Its not done, have to fill holes and such. Its going to be painted Black satin. Used wood glue and pocket holes to hold it all together

p_001.jpg?1

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes....woodworking can be very satisfying

Ones own creative manipulation of the sometimes unobvious....... yet inevitable.......anomaly..... :)

Had some extra 2x12 D Fir and laminate lying around.......soooooooo

Compound angles with dovetails.......lots of work

'Basically' just a table saw, inverted 3HP router, sliding compound saw, biscuit jointer and of course a jig to cut the panels

PC050003.jpg

PC050004.jpg

PC030006.jpg

airhorns.jpg

PS4.jpg

planter.jpg

Ruby.jpg

• Like 2

Wow. Creative mind.

Thanks.......but

It's actually pretty easy if you 'just' take a look at it.....sort of :)
If you're building a box with...let's say with 4 corners, the joints are 90 degrees.
That said....based on a circle/360 degrees....if I build something with 7 corners, each intersection/corner will be 51.5 degrees.
Since we are fitting 2 sides of a corner together.... each edge will be cut at 26 degrees.

The length/shape of panels simply determine the size...>...end result
The dovetails are a means to connect without mechanical fasteners....kind of cool when it all just slides together.
The structure is very strong...easily take a 2000+ lb TV and or... :D

Creating something with your hands is very satisfying work. There's nothing that feels quite the same.

Conversely, destroying something with your hands can be pretty surreal as well...

- it's an interesting point though, I suppose that's why I like this site so much. I see sooo much fabrication and ingenuity, and alot of it forced by circumstances. I enjoy seeing what people do in the pirsuit of occupying thier time with projects.