Sightings 2, the not a datsun but... Thread

Took the old man to go pick up his denali so my parents can have a car to take to Vegas for my aunt and uncles anniversary party. Fell in love with this and would love to build one, considering my 71 chevell and my deceased older brothers 69 nova were lost in a warehouse fire this Yr. I feel a rat rod is the way to go to keep the sprit alive...

IMG_20141218_170608_zpswyjqb2zn.jpg

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You might be a Redneck if you take a steel rod, shove it into the hole that your rear view mirror broke off, attach a big ass piece of wood to the steel rod, and glue a flat mirror to the piece of wood and take the vehicle to get a state inspection. You also might be a redneck if you approve of the inspection because of the brilliant engineering. Childress TX Walmart parking lot. I couldn't be more amazed, or prouder! If it actually works, It gets a passing grade!

IMAG1062_zps92c25dd6.jpg[/url]

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The nice weather brought out some cool cars this weekend. 50's Mercury in Denton TX.

IMAG1134_zpsa1jpcfyo.jpg

When I was a young man, my best friend had a V W Beetle. During an inebriation session, due to its body shape and shadow on the ground, it was named the bubble. That makes this a convertibubble. 

IMAG1135_zpso0tvuokk.jpg

IMAG0462.jpg

spotted it in burlington home depot parking lot on the way home yesterday. ford and only other badges i saw was country sedan on the rear quarter

owners were a nice older couple that were very happy when i told them i liked their car and apologized for taking a picture of it

edit: sounded beast when he cranked it too

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

The Denton Air Force ROTC uses our main aircraft hangar to hold their annual ball. This year they has a USO theme. Posters of Marilyn Monroe, Bob Hope, etc...

They also had 2 very nice restored classic cars.

1960 Lincoln Continental Convertible.

IMAG1272_zpsthgqchar.jpg

IMAG1274_zpskmh5ayzg.jpg

IMAG1275_zpsseoncvgt.jpg

'57 Chevy

IMAG1277_zpsawvc0hf5.jpg

IMAG1276_zps4hf6wnml.jpg

• Like 1