little hustler

510Craven

Just picked up this 1 owner 620 for $500. It's a 1974 "little hustler" edition that the guy bought new off the lot in 1975. Said the hustle edition came with carpet instead of a rubber Matt and the door panels are different which I forgot to snap a shot of. He had a camper shell on it for all but two years wen his kid drove it to school. It's been his daily most of all that 35 years. Said he turned the odometer 4 times which now puts it about 480k. His son rebuilt it in shop class at about 270k. Has its dents and dings but it was a work truck and it don't bother me. He hit a deer twice so the fenders a dented. He included 1 good one with the purchase. Interior is so so. Dash got a couple cracks and seats and carpet is torn to hell. Pretty original looking interior except the radio. Really cool guy to talk to had stories apon stories to tell. It's his baby but now lives in a mobile home and couldn't keep. Good thing is any questions I can call him as he's pretty much been the only guy to work on this truck.

Truck doesn't run I didn't even attempt to, iliked wat I seen for the price. He said he would spray a little gas in the carb and it would start but I didnt wanna waste any time as I already made my mind up. He thinks problem is fuel pump which I agree. He removed the mechanical fuel pump and put a electric 1 because he said the mechanical kept leaking. Besides that mod the rest of the engine bay looked stock and not all spliced and hacked like most. I feel itl run soon as I change that fuel pump possibly battery.

A long with the truck he included many extra parts free.

-a extra block and head that looks like it just came from a machine shop. Block is l18 , head not sure gotta due more research

-extra tranny and rear end, also no time to investigate yet

-fender

-he gave me a stock tack he picked up over the years

-original service manual he bought from the dealer with his truck. Original jack

- also the camper and a couple sets of snow chains

- ac condenser I guess? Looks like a small radiator. Said he was Goin add ac but didn't have time

- few other things I cant remember now like a new electric fuel pump and a carb emblems and wat not.

Now it's up to me to find time which I been struggling with lately. It's late and pics are minimal but il update wen I can. These are wat I have in my phone as again I been away from home since I dropped the truck off. I will add pics as I take them

1DD2534B-6466-41EF-AEB6-9D7605F3F3F4-3602-0000053E4B50236F.jpg

72DE7C79-AF0E-4396-AC98-1BAE04CDAE8B-3602-0000053E460FF7E2.jpg

8BA1AA6C-3E45-4730-806C-93F4A9FD9681-3602-0000053E3E528F8F.jpg

3ABC475F-3CF6-40B1-8A3C-AB8F8D76DC7E-3602-0000053E33AEF2A4.jpg

0AB14E16-82EF-4005-8F5F-1FD5F1C324FE-3602-0000053E2CCD00A2.jpg

3BA2FA2E-511D-468D-BD6F-5DFDCDB09BD6-3602-0000053E207D03DB.jpg

12F2AF96-545D-42AE-A3BA-4A7320FDD3D1-3602-0000053E19C13437.jpg

• Like 1
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't even read the rest just saw the tach lol

Good buy dude. You did as good as me!

Let me know if you ever want to get rid of those mirrors. Those are the kind I'd like to have,

Giant trailer mirrors or tiny fender bullets.

Nothing inbetween

I'm kinda diggin them but if i decide to part ways with then ul be first to kno

OG Fox MX decal on the heater box...ftw :thumbup: I forget just how tall the stock shifters are on these! haha, at least the dash isn't toooooooo hacked....save for the JVC tape deck.

The fresh L18 in the deal could be the orig to the truck, wonder what's in it now?

Awesome buy, ya did very good but now get that dude running :thumbup: '74's rock.

--Ray

OG Fox MX decal on the heater box...ftw :thumbup: I forget just how tall the stock shifters are on these! haha, at least the dash isn't toooooooo hacked....save for the JVC tape deck.

The fresh L18 in the deal could be the orig to the truck, wonder what's in it now?

Awesome buy, ya did very good but now get that dude running :thumbup: '74's rock.

--Ray

Haven't checked but the guy said its the original motor in the truck but been rebuilt @ 270k. I believe the guy 100% as he documented everything in his service manual and got the receipts for a lot of the stuff. Like I said really cool and honest guy didn't try to hide nothin

He said he bought the block, head, tach, and fender off a guy years ago for $100 just in case so he knos nothing about the block and head pics to come in 5

I was also looking to buy this but didnt have 500 offered a little less not knowing all the stuff that went with it but never heard back

It wasnt meant to be n

NICE SCORE

Yeah he said the first two days he got like 20 calls and he called back in order but it was Sunday morning and no one answered until me. Luckily I actually answered bc I never answer numbers I don't recognize.

Yeah some good stuff there, that new head looks like it has some really small ports/vlaves though, is it a 210 casting#? Look to the left of #1 plug.

If aren't gonna use it, I would be interested in that box of stock carb stuff.....PM me.

good score!

--Ray

Yeah some good stuff there, that new head looks like it has some really small ports/vlaves though, is it a 210 casting#? Look to the left of #1 plug.

If aren't gonna use it, I would be interested in that box of stock carb stuff.....PM me.

good score!

--Ray

It's a a87 head found out wen I unwrapped the plastic it's been in. He said the carb is off a later model Datsun so he just used parts off it to rebuild his. Il lay out the carb stuff and take pics to see if your interested in anything but won't be til tomaro

Finally got a free day so replaced the fuel pump, filter, and a couple fuel lines today. Fired right up and didnt miss a beat all day. Tranny was smooth and all lights were workin and functional.

Tomaro il change the oil and check out the brakes. When I first took it out it pulled hard to the left wen brakeing but eventually started working normal, none the less still gotta check them before I stray into populated areas