little hustler

510Craven

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Those wheels are Tacoma Wheels which were made in My hometown of Escondido, CA. Tacomas never had the front welds where Jackmans (El Cajon, CA) and others had welds all around. Nice find ! ! ! Very similar to My Datsun SS before I made it a street truck. Did He tell You (or can You still ask) which dealer it was sold at?

Those wheels are Tacoma Wheels which were made in My hometown of Escondido, CA. Tacomas never had the front welds where Jackmans (El Cajon, CA) and others had welds all around. Nice find ! ! ! Very similar to My Datsun SS before I made it a street truck. Did He tell You (or can You still ask) which dealer it was sold at?

Huh, I never paid any real attention to the wheels just looked similar to what iv seen before nothin to special.

Dealer info..

He didnt mention it might be somewhere in one of the factory service manuals he gave me, he seemed to keep this truck well documented with all the receipts and notes. And if not I still have his number

It would be interesting to see if it was sold in Southern California somewhere. Many of these trucks were sold exactly as Yours was set up long ago. The striping, Tacomas, pushbar, side steps and handles. This view is of My old buddies Lil' Hustler as sold in early 1973. He had mag wheels but the striping, steps and handles are identical:

lilhustler2.jpg

Here is My truck as sold in December 1973:

datMytruckpreSS.jpg

Notice the Tacoma wheels and similar striping? In the bottom photo I have removed the rear Tacomas and started drifting the truck's look from off road to street. By the way, My truck was one of 3 that Escondido Datsun sold with a Jimmy Conner package. See the CRE sticker on the front fender? My buddy Dave's truck had the traditional Lil' Hustler package as did Yours. Mine had a pushbar and rollbar made by House Of Steel in El Cajon, California.

PS I hope You hang on to and re register Your truck with it's original blue and yellow license plates ! !

Diggin' the little red "Hill Topper" there Mike in the middle picture :D Thanks for sharing!

Yeah, for sure keep as much originality as possible, some of these trucks have cool history.

--Ray