Wrecked my 620

Mr Raiders

Wrecked my 620, when a lady decided to come out into my lane to cross 4 lanes off traffic, between two big suv's. Of course I couldn't see her trying or thinking of doing this, an at the time I was at the bumper of the suv, she all of a sudden was right in front of me....blah!!! I slammed on the brakes, but it was too late, full impact right into the side of a stationary Dodge. It was like hitting a wall straight on. Frames bent, front parts are bent up, fenders are smashed into the doors, raidiator is toast, A big mess. Of course the insurance is calling it a total, an sense i'm out here in F-ed up Montana, there is no point of trying to save, or part her out....Sadness

09042012421-2.jpg

09042012422.jpg

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Man so sorry about your loss, If you do want to sell any parts.

I Sure could use The windsheild and maybe some other parts. I am only 230 miles away in gillette wy.

I dont want to sound like an opportunist, but i have been looking for a parts truck for years.

Maybe sell me the whole truck?

Herculesinwyoming, So I was kinda hoping someone would be interested in it for parts or something, Unfortunately, even though it looks great in the picture, the windshield is actually smashed in the top corner. I did just rebuild the top end of the motor, I'm sure you remeber that. There are some good parts on the truck, I would have to sell it as a whole truck. I'm gonna need to buy it from the insurance company. Nothing has been settled on yet, so PM me and let me know what your thinking is a fair price for a parts truck.

Thanks everyone for the support

MR raiders give the truck for Hercules to pick up

Another 620 will show up again in due time

Yeah we will be talking about this, waiting to see how much insurance wants for him to buy it back.

I hope this works out for the best i would hate to see decent parts get crushed, they are hard to come by out here.

its one thing to have a datsun come off the road for the last time due to it finally giving up the ghost and rusting apart. its another thing to have one taken off the road thats still kicking. equates to damn near murder in my book.

I agree, I was pissed. I couldn't believe how bad my truck was. Felt like hitting a brick wall, but damn it did some damage, an her truck was barely damaged.

Out here in wyoming and montana, 620's are hard to come by. I have been looking for almost 3 years and they just are not to be found here.

I may consider the idea of using both trucks to build one good king cab, But i do like the long bed too.

Mr Radiers is the only one that has seen it in person, so he is the best judge of how repairable it is.

Unless he has a change of Heart i am going up soon to buy his truck.

I promise i will do the right thing with his truck, mine has been off the road since 1989, so one may revive the other.

Accident in Billings Montana! Oregon plates! Unless you have an active duty Military posting in Montana, and can claim "Soldiers and Sailors Relief Act" coverage, I can see why your insurance coverages may be trying to walk away from this! BTY, the insurance company may, and is probably, being using obsolite or inacurate valuation table 20 years ago a runaway car wiped out my right rear fender on my 1967 RL411 sedan. The body shop looked on the rear fender and asked for "Datsun 1600" based on the trunk lid factory logos, replacement parts. hey, no crap, got pricing for the roadster parts! No crap, way too expensive! At that time $500. I sat with the parts manager and educated him on the differences between a 411 sedan with "1600" rear trunk lid IDs and a 1967 roadster car. After much less than physical. but not much less, persuasion [he was an a** hole] I convinced him to search on "RL411", not "1600" parts availability. No shit! The fender was not $500 [the roadster] but $39, was in stock and was delivered the next morning! "Thank your God this was not a Ford part" was the insurance adjusters last words. Since Renault has taken over the parts replenishment task the previous good availability of classic Datsun parts has been flushed down the Renault toilet. If its 10 years old, Good luck, Renault has divorced you! When I put my 1967 RL 411 in for periodic servicing [of the Borg Ward transmission] and the service manager keys in "411" to the maintaintenance software my car comes up a Volkswagon Variant 411. Renault has abandoned us. If the French have screwed the Japanese maintenance software, and Datsun has a much better car reliability history than Renault, I would guess that we long time veterans of the "Datsun" marque do not owe Renault any Good Faith. My RL411 continues to be my most reliable car, thanks to the support I have gotten from the Gardena Foreign Parts Availability Folk. The new support from the new mid west office really isn't worth the effort to contact them.