With only a dime and a dream.

DatMo

The alt that you had in there was not stock. So how sure it was the alt? The one you had on there was internally regulated from a KA it seems. If you bought a stock 68 alt and installed it, you are going to fry the wiring man. ARGGGG! Just call me up man... I am going to hit you up on FB...

• Like 1
  • Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuck shit man. Who is writing in this thread? I know the brother of the owner of this car. There cars are soooo fucken easy to work on. It was pretty much driveable last time i saw it, wtf happen?

The car is pretty clean honestly. But common! Just swap that new trans in. Change the brakes, and add the seats. YOUR GOOD TO GO! Wax it, add gas, and drive it.

I'm low on money and i'm first trying to get the brake conversion. I have air shocks man, those are complete hazards. and it was drivable until my battery drain occured and my window washer pump was broken. I'm not driving it for awhile so why not fix it as much as i can.

I'd drive it as it is now. And my brother also broke the bushings on the trans, not the one he bought off you.

The alt that you had in there was not stock. So how sure it was the alt? The one you had on there was internally regulated from a KA it seems. If you bought a stock 68 alt and installed it, you are going to fry the wiring man. ARGGGG! Just call me up man... I am going to hit you up on FB...

just talk through message, i dont have a fb.

Dude you can buy like 40 dollar shocks at autozone/ ebay or just let the air out of the airshocks and cut the lines out so they just run neutral. You can find a windshield water pump at a junkyard from any old car. Look at the chevy luv, or any old car that are square and nature.

You have to do this to figure out what is making your battery die.

Dude you can buy like 40 dollar shocks at autozone/ ebay or just let the air out of the airshocks and cut the lines out so they just run neutral. You can find a windshield water pump at a junkyard from any old car. Look at the chevy luv, or any old car that are square and nature.

You have to do this to figure out what is making your battery die.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B__DqK90IIc

I'll prob try taking one from any one of my dads old z's for the water pumps. I already tried one but it didnt work too well.

I'm getting new shocks and springs. read the message for the explanation.

! Just swap that new trans in. Change the brakes, and add the seats. YOUR GOOD TO GO! Wax it, add gas, and drive it.

No fuck no! Dont mod it until you know how to do basic maintenance. Do what I told you above. Call me if you need help. Adam...

X2

if you can get the lower knuckles with the 280zx struts you can use the 70-73 style balljoints, if not i might have a set off of my '72, maybe even the lower control arms. you can still get balljoints from an autoparts store. the brake lines will be the only thing you need made.

So I should get an atsugi pump?

Atsugi is the best

68 - 73 pump if i find a cheap one.

Common pumps on 510s

about 35-45 $ for a Atsugi (most aare boxed in different boxes.

Mine was sold under "Pauruat" is something like that

dont go to cheap as rebuilts I think suck

It was available only in Japan in 1968 on one trim level... at least thats all the info Ive been able to find. Since they never made it to the US, you would have to find a bench seat that fits, make custom brackets for it and drill new holes in the floor.

How about you worry about the important things on your car before you worry about bench seats.

I thought the order was make it stop, then make it go, then make it look good

It was available only in Japan in 1968 on one trim level... at least thats all the info Ive been able to find. Since they never made it to the US, you would have to find a bench seat that fits, make custom brackets for it and drill new holes in the floor.

How about you worry about the important things on your car before you worry about bench seats.

I know. My intentions are to do so. I just saw it and wondered if it was custom or not.

I don't care too much for my interior. I'm more concerned on lowering it and getting the brake conversion.

I would find a Atsugi pump as they have the cast impellers.

But I hqave run others GMP and other types myself.

Just buy a new one for a 510 modle as this will fit the fan you have.

ck the front cover where the water pump goes on to make sure its not all holed up already. run 50/50 mix green antoi freeze as this helps against cavitation (beating the front cover up)

and dont over tighten the belt. water pumps last its the bearings that wear oiut

I was just looking for parts because I'm in the process of getting my brake conversion so why not use my free time to look up prices on other small things I need.

Two birds with one stone. My plan is as Q-tip said. make it stop, make it go, then make it look good.

Even if my dime looked ugly, I'd still drive it daily. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Fixed the battery drain and got most of the wiring done. My lights wont turn on when I press on the brakes but I'm pretty sure it's the wiring because they work otherwise.

Looking for another set of assys to do the disc brake conversion.

Fixed the battery drain and got most of the wiring done. My lights wont turn on when I press on the brakes but I'm pretty sure it's the wiring because they work otherwise.

well what was the fix so we can learn from this!!!??????????

Brake lights not comming on is usually the Horn fuse or back side of it under the fuse box the wire broke.

see if you have 12volts at one side of the brake switch under the pedal. if not then go back towards the fuse box.

if you have 12volts then its the otherway more like a ground.