With only a dime and a dream.

DatMo

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wont get any flak from me too each his own imho but there are some wheel nazis here. Ill get a pic of the third belt mount and my 4 points this afternoon. If i can talk a buddy of mine out of a set he has i could give you mine.

that sounds more than great  :thumbup:

i tihnk im finally understanding cars a bit more.

thanks to ratsun atleast. lol

i look forward to the pics.

what kind of seats you got?

i have no idea what the seats are, medium back buckets with a head rest thats all i know. 

pic of the mounting hole for the factory 3 points

photobucket-3913-1363135682490_zps09687c

pic of the harnesses

photobucket-5972-1363135681649_zps9de47d

so how exactly do you have the four point running? one from the ceiling,

two from the bottom? and where do the back connect

thanks! yeah, i actually found a whole for 3 point but my headliner covered it but its there. lol

Just cut a small slit in it for the bolt to go throuh

I have the harnesses bolts the the factory seat belt bolt location. The shoulder and laps share bolts in my case. The right way would be to have a roll bar and have them mounted below your shoulders on a cross bar between the main hoop

Just cut a small slit in it for the bolt to go throuh

I have the harnesses bolts the the factory seat belt bolt location. The shoulder and laps share bolts in my case. The right way would be to have a roll bar and have them mounted below your shoulders on a cross bar between the main hoop

i love the way the four point looks and what not.

yeah, i actually was able to pu the bolt from my old seatbelts in after i cut the hole a little.

my shoulder bolt is good.

is the four point secure? or since it's not the proper way, its a little loose? 

i love the way the four point looks and what not.

yeah, i actually was able to pu the bolt from my old seatbelts in after i cut the hole a little.

my shoulder bolt is good.

is the four point secure? or since it's not the proper way, its a little loose? 

IVe riden in his car. Its not loose at all... its just not the safest mounting. The shoulder belts are suppose to be below your shoulders for safety. 

IVe riden in his car. Its not loose at all... its just not the safest mounting. The shoulder belts are suppose to be below your shoulders for safety. 

Thanks. I guess I'll buy a pair of universal ones for like $50 and try em out.

Theyre not loose its just not the best way to mount them as tristin stated. Ive been meaning to make some brackets to run across and put the shoulders in a better place. That being said they will keep you in the car

if you made brackets i'd love to see em.

my dad had a mini awhile back with four point and i loved it.

if you ever had time and werent in a hurry, could you take a pic of where the shoulder straps are bolted to?

i know you said the factory belt bolt but pics always help me. lol

but dont go out of your way for it.

thanks. really appreciate it guys 

My semi permenent plan is to make a bracket for the shoulder harness that comes off of the rear seat bolts.  Eventual permenent plan is a full cage

thanks. im not sure i like it with stock seats so ill see how i feel. thanks though.

your car bust be badasss xD

{IMG}http://prolifik1.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/busteddatsun5101.jpg

what rims are these?

It will be when im done with is sometime in the next couple of decades (ive had the car almost 7 years and all ive done is 90%of the suspension and put a whole dash in it) want to build n/a ka with itbs and those sort of goodies.

i plan to see it.

it'll be dope.

ive had mine for about 6 months.

i mgetting my carpet kid soon and finishing the interior in about a month now that i have my job

I thought they didn't make them any more. So nevermind, carry on!

yeah, i was on the site and you can buy em but pretty pricey.

I don't mind the knock offs but im not sure what i want for my rims.

but im not even done with suspension so i need to slow down.

i just want flush though.

and thanks. I'm trying my hardest to learn. lol

[...] so i need to slow down.

Thats wise advice... make sure you get all the important mechanical stuff done first before you try to make it look nice. No sense having nice expensive wheels, racing harnesses, or being lowered if youre broken down on the side of the road. 

Thats wise advice... make sure you get all the important mechanical stuff done first before you try to make it look nice. No sense having nice expensive wheels, racing harnesses, or being lowered if youre broken down on the side of the road. 

I am.

reason for even asking about all this is because I created a plan and what parts and what not I desire for my car.

I'm just waiting for the money to come in and it is.

I'm finishing my interior because I won't be driving it for awhile.

then get my koyo radiator to get the car up good.

then 280zx and coilovers.

then rims.

then l20 once i get bored of the l16.

of course i have other things along the way but overall.