With only a dime and a dream.

DatMo

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Will the 1972 Datsun 510 washer bottle, pump, and electrical plugs fit interchangeably with the 68 one? Mine is broken and I found a good cheap one to buy.

Take a picture of the electricl plug on your bottle and post it. We can compare what it looks like to a 69 and a 70/73 model. Then we will know for sure.

Take a picture of the electricl plug on your bottle and post it. We can compare what it looks like to a 69 and a 70/73 model. Then we will know for sure.

Of course, my brother has misplaced the piece but I do have one from a 300zx, could it potentially work? I can post a pic.

Probably not. Just check where it's suppose to plug in... If it looks the same, try it. If it doesn't don't use it.

I already tried. It didn't fit but I thought there would be some adjustable ways so I bothered by asking. btw, Are ground control coilovers worthy of a buy?

I'm having mixed feelings about them off reviews. Yes, I understand what coilovers are now. lol.

Many people seem to run GCs with good results. You would probably get better results (and cheaper) from a quality setup for the510keeper. He usually sells a few full strut setups that would be worth looking into. Check out the FS section.

Thanks. Well from looking around, I'd need 280z struts either way but I'll def pm the keeper. I just NEED to remove my air shocks in my rear. They're the worst. thanks Grind.

Are the brake upgrades worth it as well? I know there's a method involving 280's I read about somewhere in this thread. lol.

I just plan to keep this as my daily. No racing or driving idiotically.

When you switch to ZX struts you get ZX brakes. They are far superior to 510 brakes. Much larger... Stopping power is very very important in any project whether you just cruise or you're a racer.

Yeah, I understand how much safer they are as well. So is it mandatory that I get the zx brake lines when i get the struts?or just very recommended ?

Yeah, then ends of the lines are universal to most braking systems so you just need a length of stainless that is long enough. You can take your old rubber line into a place that makes stainless lines and they can make lines to the same size. I believe some places sell already made lengths, but don't know any off the top of my head.

The zx strut assemblies and brakea are a fanrastic upgrade, the car will actually stop. As for lines just take your old ones in to a place tjat can make some or the autoparts store and get ones that match at both ends.

Do you have any idea how much these lines will cost?

Yes. This is what I would do:

—Remove all the stock pieces making sure not to damage anything of possible

—Grab the stock rubber brake lines and take them to a place that makes stainless lines

—Come back home and install all your ZX stuff with the new stainless lines

—Store stock 510 stuff (if you have the space) for someone else who may be in need in the future. It's always nice to help out fellow Datsun owners (stock 510 suspension is near worthless to sell)

Yes. This is what I would do:

—Remove all the stock pieces making sure not to damage anything of possible

—Grab the stock rubber brake lines and take them to a place that makes stainless lines

—Come back home and install all your ZX stuff with the new stainless lines

—Store stock 510 stuff (if you have the space) for someone else who may be in need in the future. It's always nice to help out fellow Datsun owners (stock 510 suspension is near worthless to sell)

Yeah, I have an old bench seat that's complete crap but I kept just in any case that some one wants to refurnish it.

Plan sounds good to me. Thanks a lot. I'll pm you as soon as I have it all. :thumbup: