WHAT IS THE BEST COLOR CHOICE A DATSUN 510 ???

So the time has come to start my 4-door 1969 project. I have completed many builds, I have done white, yellow,orange and of course crazy red on my Rotary 510. I am wondering what you guys think would look nice on my 510 4-door. I am leaving the chrome intact and add some black interest with a Bre spolier and leave the bumpers chrome, athough black sounds good. I am leaning towards white, but the bright colors always are a head turner. I want it to look clean and decent enough to turn heads and be a daily driver. I am replacing the 4-speed for a dogleg and the car should be a solid daily driver...soooo....

WHAT IS THE GREATEST COLOR A DATSUN 510 HAS EVER SEEN?

Here is my project:

1333762235237.jpg

1333762254389.jpg

1333762223457.jpg

1333585553512.jpg

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If the body is straight do gloss black. I rarely see gloss black dimes, lots of flat black tho. Black with all the chrome really pops. White is over done. (said the guy with a white 510) :)

I dont know why, but gloss black is my least favorite color on almost all datsuns. I feel like it masks all the nice lines the cars have.

• Like 2

the best color is the one u pic... we don't have to drive your car ....if tristin was in here he would be shoving teal down your throat... me i like all the stock colors, pic one....some people paint there datsuns civic si blue... hey its hideous but i don't have to drive it ... so i can appreciate your choice from a distance...my two favs in order ....mus-tard... and obvioulsy the green my car and truck are...any paint jobber should be able to provide u with a single stage for any of the stock colors.... if u choose base coat clear coat system they should be able to provide u with plenty of close matches...i like to use the spectra master system from dupont when trying to match old 70's solid colors n a base coat formula...plus me personally i don't like the lok of clear on a 510.....

all time favorite color on a 510....black... rarely seen....rarely offered... rarely done right....james can appreciate that....when i worked for a jobber and painted i told everyone i did work for its called "sanding"... cause your paying me to sand ... paint a car takes 4-6 hours.... prepping a car takes weeks to month's..depending on the budget.....from the work i see on keeper threads... he treats ratsuners very well...i see the finish product and know what that costs ... and i know theres few on here willing to pay that much for some shine...hats off mr. keeper u do very nice work... u and victory turn out some real nice stuff....

oh shit ok i dunno paint it red...thats fast ...er how bout white.. nothing says jdm like white...