Canby 2013: Where Wet Dreams Come From

chester

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not go with a bigger tent? It's not like you have to backpack it in.

I only backpack so I only own "backpacking" tents... nothing larger. Why would I even need a larger tent?- you dont do anything in a tent, but sleep. The tent weighs under 2lbs complete and in UL mode just over a pound. 

so if it rains you're hanging out in your tent all day and night?.... sissy.

No... Id just rather not sleep in the rain. I have plenty of jackets to hang out in the rain during the day. You cant check out sweet Datsuns inside a tent. 

I only backpack so I only own "backpacking" tents... nothing larger. Why would I even need a larger tent?- you dont do anything in a tent, but sleep. The tent weighs under 2lbs complete and in UL mode just over a pound. 

No... Id just rather not sleep in the rain. I have plenty of jackets to hang out in the rain during the day. You cant check out sweet Datsuns inside a tent. 

I brought a 4 person tent prior years. I keep an icechest and snacks in mine and other stuff (parts) I wanted to keep dry.  It was also nice when I just wanted to change clothes/shoes. 

I can do that all in my tent... excluding putting lots of large parts in it, but I wont be bringing nor buying lots of parts so I will be fine. Everything should fit in my trunk. Ive changed clothes, kept three 80L packs dry, and slept 2 in the tenth comfortably. Plus it has a vestibule that keeps more gear out of the weather. It also weighs 2lbs and excluding the two poles, will fit in a Nalgene bottle.

Im not buying a tent just for Canby when I have two perfectly good ones.