My friend Tim's '77 hatchback

datsunfreak

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Electric fuel pump mounted underneath, just below the fuel cell...

normal_crap_022.jpg

The metal plate you see on the right of that pic covers the hole normally filled by the stock vent and fuel lines. The filter is on the end of a long vent tube for the fuel cell. This way it's vented outside the car, not inside.  :thumbup:

We'll cut an additional hole in it, and add a grommet for, the fuel line from the cell to the fuel pump. 

Tim's custom hatch prop.  :thumbup:

normal_crap_023.jpg

It slides apart and hangs loose when the hatch is closed.   ;)

Electric fuel pump mounted underneath, just below the fuel cell...

normal_crap_022.jpg

The metal plate you see on the right of that pic covers the hole normally filled by the stock vent and fuel lines. The filter is on the end of a long vent tube for the fuel cell. This way it's vented outside the car, not inside.  :thumbup:

We'll cut an additional hole in it, and add a grommet for, the fuel line from the cell to the fuel pump. 

Tim's custom hatch prop.  :thumbup:

normal_crap_023.jpg

It slides apart and hangs loose when the hatch is closed.   ;)

Nice work guys!!! :)

Got the new steel fuel line installed under the car, new rubber fuel lines ran from the tank to the pump and from the pump to the steel line. Got the fuel cell mount painted and installed, along with the fuel cell itself.  :thumbup:

No oics.  :hmm:

Will post some next week.  B)

@datsunfreak & dimlight65: FYI, the oil filter adapter on your Explorer/Mountaineer 5.0 for the B210 swap is one of these:

3/4" thread (Most Fords)OR:

22mm thread when Ford went metric on the 5.0. Note: The 22mm filter has a larger opening.

Good news: The 3/4" thread adapter will still screw into your block (blocks are SAE thread). This will give you a much broader selection of filters/lengths etc.

Craig

Good news: The 3/4" thread adapter will still screw into your block (blocks are SAE thread). This will give you a much broader selection of filters/lengths etc.

We've actually already done that.   ^_^

Took off the adapter that uses the tiny metric filter and replaced it with the 3/4" thread adapter from the 289 we were originally gonna use.  :thumbup:

• Like 1

Sorry dudes and dudettes, rather than go to the shop we went to the Goodguy's Car Show at Texas Motor Speedway today.  It gave me some ideas... unfortunately they were for a '27 Track T (as a fiftieth birthday present to myself) rather than any of the Dattos.  

Wait, that isn't entirely true.  I pointed out the exact color of purple I want to paint the Chickenhawk... so there's that.

Sorry dudes and dudettes, rather than go to the shop we went to the Goodguy's Car Show at Texas Motor Speedway today.  It gave me some ideas... unfortunately they were for a '27 Track T (as a fiftieth birthday present to myself) rather than any of the Dattos.  

Wait, that isn't entirely true.  I pointed out the exact color of purple I want to paint the Chickenhawk... so there's that.

I've been wanting to do one of those too for a long time, with a 4 banger in it to be dirrerent, but haven't got to it yet. Got the Speedway catalog standing by for when the time comes though! B)

I've been wanting to do one of those too for a long time, with a 4 banger in it to be dirrerent, but haven't got to it yet. Got the Speedway catalog standing by for when the time comes

Speedway Track T body should fit a D21 frame quite well, and that would probably be the plan. Likely either with a KA or VG30...

• 3 weeks later...

Speedway Track T body should fit a D21 frame quite well, and that would probably be the plan. Likely either with a KA or VG30...

Hopefully a '31 Model A truck cab will fit just as well... since we're going to Not-Texas Saturday to pick one up.  We'll start another thread on that build.

And I shall name the beast:  Oliver Closehoff

How is that little '77 hatchback coming along guys, any progress?

Unfortunately, no.  We've been doing other stuff the last few weekends.  

Hopefully a '31 Model A truck cab will fit just as well... since we're going to Not-Texas Saturday to pick one up.  We'll start another thread on that build.

And I shall name the beast:  Oliver Closehoff

And since the jackhole sold the cab out from under me, we WON"T be going to pick it up this Saturday.  We, hopefully, will be getting some work done on the B-210.

I decided today to just say, "Screw it" and rewire the whole B-210.  I have a Hot Rod Wires 12 circuit kit from an aborted Triumph TR-3 project so I fingered, what the hell?  I yanked out the car's harness today and got cracking on installing the HRW unit.  The fuse and battery boxes are installed along with a master kill on the main ground cable.  I started running the engine bay harness but ran out of time.  I'll make sure we get some pictures posted if my photographer and I ever go back to work on the thing on Saturday.

Not sure if we ever showed the "finished" fuel cell install...

normal_crap_024.jpg

Battery box and battery tiedown installed...

normal_crap_019.jpg

Master kill installed right next the new e-brake...

normal_crap_021.jpg

As alluded to earlier, stock fuse box went bye bye, new fuse box going in...

normal_crap_026.jpg

Wiring being run to the engine bay for lights, gauges, etc.

normal_crap_027.jpg

Hopefully the good folks at Hot Rod Wires know what they are doing because I totally rewired the tail lights to match the way they said to do stops and turns.  No more amber turn signals on this B-210.