• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, some very minor updates tonight; but hey. its something? lol :angel:

i stripped the bay from alot of wiring and little do-hickeys for some cleaning

heres the aftermath:

7613076764_b42a833ae0_b.jpg

DONE:

painted some accent parts cast-coat grey.

cleaned both sides of inner sheet metal.

cleaned the sides of the head, parts of the block, pulleys, fan etc.

cleaned oil filter, honestly the dirtiest part of the truck. hahaha (heard fram oil filters were bad for your truck, is this true? :confused: )

cleaned numerous cables, wires, lines, hoses, whatever i could find pretty much. :rofl:

OH. AND I ADDED THIS VINTAGE BADASS BATTERY BAG:

7613078456_f1f0586d1a_b.jpg

i beleive its some old military utility bag. idek. :rofl: just found it in my room with all my old airsoft stuff and was like. wait uno segundo, my battery would fit in this. and guess what? it does. PERFECTLY. it even has straps to hold it down +2 small utility pockets. and since im running an optima, i dont have to worry about the battery eating holes in it :thumbup:

STILL TO DO:

cut excess sheet metal parts, (eg; fuel filter holder, cracked bendy things for harness, etc.)

sand/paint the surface rust spots

tuck wires,

re-route fuel line to increase lookability ;)

replace old fuel pump feed line and in-line filter.

and last but not least, fab up a new hinge system. because when i open the hood i cant do anything without slammin ma noggin against the hood. so im planning on making something where i have a c shaped hinge so i can tilt it up, and just as easily take it completely off (without unbolting anything) also add some hood pins just to be safe.

and the extra pictures because its my thread and i do what i want. :lol:

7613071118_4a9a34bf6c_h.jpg

7613067066_8efa1a1ff4_h.jpg

7613093796_ce37d890e5_h.jpg

i just noticed that my cat awkwardly matches my hood. :huh: that must be why it like my ride better than the others! :D

• Like 1

Looks sick, still needs to be dropped a bit more in the back with a baby c notch

itll be dropped a little more once i get bags figured out, no worries.

I really love the drop now and the rake myself.

i like the way it sits in the front right now, but i personally hate rake. hate, hate, HATE it. but im going to have to live with it for now untill i finish suspension plans.

Would it be okay if I make sexy time with OP's truck? Round two with the 4x4 maybe?

Two thumbs up. Looks great Mike.

haha thanks so much man! :thumbup: really appreciate it!

The hood will go up higher, but its the prop that stops it. At least that way on my friends 521. Take off the hood prop, and use gas struts (like on new cars hoods/trunks/hatches). This should allow the hood to open more, and stay up by itself without a prop. I know what you mean about hitting your head on the hood, I do it all the time.

• Like 1

The hood will go up higher, but its the prop that stops it. At least that way on my friends 521. Take off the hood prop, and use gas struts (like on new cars hoods/trunks/hatches). This should allow the hood to open more, and stay up by itself without a prop. I know what you mean about hitting your head on the hood, I do it all the time.

already thought about it :hmm: . i still would really like to just be able to remove the hood on the fly. i honestly just like working on it a thousand times more with it completely off. +it'd be something different.

Looking good just a thought about cleaning in there,wire loom up the wires on the sides and electric fuel pump with the hose running up the back side would clean the hell out of the engine bay and also you are going to put a filter on the valve cover or run a hose to a oil box.I dont know if you saw my truck but those little things like knocking out the battery tray the fuel filter holder and the horn mounts made a huge difference in my opinion.Its coming along just fine looking good.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...