dirty-mik3's ridiculously low 521

intro: so, iv scanned ratsun for ages, but decided to just recently make an account. iv been inspired by a lot of you guys with what im doing to my own 521, so if i seem to be copying some of you; i most likely am. ;) but a little detail on me, i am 16 years old, this is my first datsun and second car, its a 1972 pl521, and as of now, it is pretty stock.
background:i bought it for $400 with a clean title and canopy, but gave the canopy to my father because i find them revolting. HE is currently building a lifted diesel 4 wheel drive 521. i sold my motorcycle for some more cash for parts to make this fine piece of machinery a fairly quick little "sport" truck. i am also planning on selling my daily (99 civic hatch) for more cash for this guy. :D as i think the 521's are some of the coolest and most original automobiles around.
done to it as of now: i have 3 inch blocks in the rear, reindexed torsion bars, new masters, 2 weber 32/36's (need to throw one on haha), Cam is in the shop as we speak being ground down to give it more lope ;) ,i have chevy ralleys in the shop being powdered, and i have plans on 195/50/15's for rubber. and, without further ado, here are some OICS for your pleasure. since i know that's all you honestly care about. ;)
tumblr_m4pv78WcKK1rstjbwo1_500.jpg
i have the hood and all interior peices, the truck is completely there i just gutted it for cleaning. :D

tumblr_m4pvbsRryI1rstjbwo1_500.jpg
its raised up a bit because i cant get it out of the goddamn gravel when its down where i want it as i have to back up a curb <_<

tumblr_m4pvg1mpZY1rstjbwo1_500.jpg

tumblr_m4pvjhJGTb1rstjbwo1_500.jpg
its really quite straight!

tumblr_m4pvmmPqhk1rstjbwo1_500.jpg
there is actually no rest whatsoever in the floor pans! :D :D :D it has some tar/wax paper shit stuck down? but its perfect underneath!

tumblr_m4pvtyYaA11rstjbwo1_500.jpg
to be honest, the truck has very minimal rust, theres surface rust in a lot of places, but the only actual rust hole is in the tailgate :hmm: everywhere else seems to be pretty fine.

once i get her running ill back her out and re-lower /re-upholster /clean / put the new kicks on her :lol: CHEERS!

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice truck, same rims I had for years on the work truck.

What engine/head do you have in it now?

If you build a couple long ramps out of wood, the curb won't matter anymore.

I would like to see the 4wd 521 diesel, as I made one myself, but didn't like it so high, so I put it on a 2wd 720 diesel frame, it's a daily driver for me now.

Nice truck, same rims I had for years on the work truck.

What engine/head do you have in it now?

If you build a couple long ramps out of wood, the curb won't matter anymore.

I would like to see the 4wd 521 diesel, as I made one myself, but didn't like it so high, so I put it on a 2wd 720 diesel frame, it's a daily driver for me now.

its currently got a stock l16 and 4 speed in it. i haven't completely made up my mind on if i'm going to swap it or not, if i do, i'm thinking possibly a 4age or a rotary. i don't really know.. something fun, but anyways here's some oics of the 4x4 i snapped today. :D

tumblr_m4pymzDN0I1rstjbwo1_500.jpg

tumblr_m4pykbXecV1rstjbwo1_500.jpg

tumblr_m4pypjGebY1rstjbwo1_500.jpg

:thumbup: :thumbup: almost makes me wanna do a 4wd!

• Like 1

I have been driving 521s daily since about 1995, but I have to say, if I knew then what I know now, I would have had a kingcab in 1996 rather than waiting till 2010, but I an 6'1" tall, and am getting old and cramped, I am tired of being cramped, but am able to do something about that, can't do anything about getting old though. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have been driving 521s daily since about 1995, but I have to say, if I knew then what I know now, I would have had a kingcab in 1996 rather than waiting till 2010, but I an 6'1" tall, and am getting old and cramped, I am tired of being cramped, but am able to do something about that, can't do anything about getting old though. :lol: :lol: :lol:

im only 5'11" but i dont really feel that cramped, then again i do like the cockpit feel :thumbup: hahaha luckily i have a while before i have to worry about age!

Wow nice start for a 16 year old! i got my 521 when i was 17, and ive had nearly a year and a half. the truck looks great! looks like you got an original radio in there? *jealous*

will you be at canby??

Welcome to Ratsun.

looks like you got an original radio in there? *jealous*

will you be at canby??

yeah B) original radio, parcel tray is in sweet condition too, aswell as the glove box. i cant wait to show you guys the interior, all in all it is in fantastic condition.

yeah B) original radio, parcel tray is in sweet condition too, aswell as the glove box. i cant wait to show you guys the interior, all in all it is in fantastic condition.

is that a yes youll be at canby?

alright sweet! even if your ride isnt done, you can still show up and hang out!

haha i dont know how well that would go since most of you guys are quite a bit older, but im sure itll still be a blast!

haha i dont know how well that would go since most of you guys are quite a bit older, but im sure itll still be a blast!

hey man im only 18, and im not too worried about it. they are all pretty awesome, awesome enough to sneak you into applebees bar :D, and they may flick you some shit for being young, but from what youve posted so far, you dont seem like an idiot haha

hey man im only 18, and im not too worried about it. they are all pretty awesome, awesome enough to sneak you into applebees bar :D, and they may flick you some shit for being young, but from what youve posted so far, you dont seem like an idiot haha

haha alright well thanks man! :thumbup: ill probably be going now

literally just threw in the seat and floor mat for you guys haha. also put the weber on it! she runs! im just waiting for a new adapter plate to get shipped here (mine has a crack) and gotta seal up a couple vacuum leaks. also i sprayed a couple interior pieces a nice cast coat color :thumbup: it goes well with the seat and door panels.

tumblr_m4yyeiDZNC1rstjbwo1_500.jpg

tumblr_m4yyavjda51rstjbwo1_500.jpg

sorry about the vignette look, i had a stupid filter on my lens and didnt roll it back :P

Is your new plate going to get there in time for canby?

If not I have several plates, maybe I have one that will get you threw the canby weekend.

i doubt ill be driving her to canby, i still have some electrical issues to sort out as well. but im still going to be showing up, no matter what!