dirty-mik3's ridiculously low 521

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh my.....i need moar low.....is did you c notch at all or anything for rear clearance? Any issues rolling the fenders and bed if you rolled at all? I have the same wheels on 195-55 amd fronts rub if i go moar low

the frames not c notched yet, but it soon will be, also im going to be welding in a new crossmember and cutting the old one out, as it sits an inch or so lower than the rest of the body. and i had to roll the fenders AND pull them, and im running 195-50-15's, so my tires have a bit more stretch than yours even yet.

Wow that looks fuckin awesome,i would say you won for lowest 521 in my book.good job.

hahhahaha thanks man! :thumbup:

the frames not c notched yet, but it soon will be, also im going to be welding in a new crossmember and cutting the old one out, as it sits an inch or so lower than the rest of the body. and i had to roll the fenders AND pull them, and im running 195-50-15's, so my tires have a bit more stretch than yours even yet.

hahhahaha thanks man! :thumbup:

ohh mkays but oops i forgot i am runnin 195 50's as well

But only doing three inch drop with blocks cause i.knew it would rub.

okay, so a couple questions, first off, how do i change the title of this thread? :o or is there a way to move it to the project datto section? if skibb would do that that would be just lovely.

secondly, which relay is for the headlights? i have power to everything but the back rh tail light (bad bulb i think) windsheild wipers and all 4 lights, along with the in cab light (also bad bulb probably)

i feel like it would be unlikely that all four headlamp bulbs are burnt, and every fuse is good, the connections are all corroded af, and i think im just going to have to cut and splice all the wires because its literally almost a solid chunk of metal attached to the front of the fuse box, i have a NOS fuse box so if you think its the connections i guess i could cut and switch stuff out? i dont really know. any suggestions? thanks in advance! i plan to be in the shop all day tomorrow so anything will help!

i am confused, do we put build threads(mine will never be done) in "Projects" or in specific models like here "521"?

Very good question, I have always wondered this myself.

There seems to be 3 places to put a truck project, in project datto, or in the truck section, or in the truck specific type section, same with the cars.

I suppose it depends on who your trying to impress with your 521 truck, everybody(project datto), the truck guys(the 521 truck section), or yourself(in the truck section with some obscure title like "my truck"). :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Looks great! So all you really did in the rear was put the bottom main leaf onto the top? Plus the blocks of course.....

i took out the lower two springs as well haha! i couldnt give af about how it rides right now, so im just going for the whole stanced look. or at least just mock it up to where it will be once i c notch and 3 link it.

There GM truck or blazer rally's there called slot.... Mid 80s. I just sold a powdercoated set and I have another set but there the original rally's off my 71 blazer...... Phixius had a similar set he might wanna te rid of ..... Like the 2wd 521 really wanna here more about 4 x 4 521

just looked through this awesome been wanting a datsun pickup for some time love the look of yours

thanks a lot man! its been pretty good to me so far, im glad others like it too! ^_^

There GM truck or blazer rally's there called slot.... Mid 80s. I just sold a powdercoated set and I have another set but there the original rally's off my 71 blazer...... Phixius had a similar set he might wanna te rid of ..... Like the 2wd 521 really wanna here more about 4 x 4 521

^correct.

i thought this thread dissappeared for awhile there, glad i found it again!

nope! still here! just thought it would be better to have in the build thread since im planning on making this more of a "build" soon ;) * foreshadowing*

looks killer man. truly.

:thumbup:

Thanks so much! you guys are my motivation! well, some of it! ;)

fixed the headlights and blinkers, need a bulb for the tail light still and need to get my wipers working, besides that all the elctronical stuff works! :devil: im possibly going to take the bed off soon and scope out some ideas for c notching and 3 linking it. also still need to buy my vw eyebrows and weld my diff, little things, the little things are what will make this truck mine. :D

• 2 weeks later...