Post your engine bays

if i can send this! this is 12.7 at 112 mph..shitty video quality but it is sound!!

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf" flashvars="file=http%3A%2F%2Fvid1242.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fgg523%2Fmedengines%2FMOV00292.mp4">

th_MOV00292.jpg
  • Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Stitebunny , looks like theyre just connected to a catch can.

even though i spent all weekend just to get it to this point (learned what wires are what, and how to solder)

it's still at least a day's worth of work from being done.

430147_10151297996193755_510502978_n.jpg

Very nice!

Can you explain the breather setup?

It's a baffled reservoir that has a hose coming into it from the valve cover, a hose going out to the side of the block (so the oil that spits out of the valve cover can drain back to the block), and a filter on the top because you gotta have a filter somewhere! The big bore motors tend to spit oil at high RPM and I was sick of having to drain the catch can, so I devised a system so it would drain back to the block. I tapped the side of the block to 3/4" NPT to accept a -8 nipple. But I have done it before with a press and epoxy in fitting before too.

IMG_3086Small.jpg

Mine does the same thing. It just isn't as pretty. There is a steel tube that goes around the back of the block and under the header to the breather hole in the block. Right now it's getting a moroso crankcase evac in the exhaust down tube, so I might ditch this and build something else. It never dumped any oil on the ground, but I'm not sure how good it worked.

EricVideosbyDave7_zps34a02d24.jpg

i think it's important to keep some sort of vacuum set up intact. The stock pcv set up draws from the block, and pulls air in through the valve cover. Without that you will have to change the oil more often. I change my oil every 10 passes anyways,

Unless you're doing strong autoX or drag passes, very minimal oil goes through that system. I know plenty of people running vented PCV systems instead of vacuumed. They never have any issues. The trick is having a good can with a good internal filter/separator. An empty can is worthless...

Unless you're doing strong autoX or drag passes, very minimal oil goes through that system. I know plenty of people running vented PCV systems instead of vacuumed. They never have any issues.

Can add me to that list. Even with prolonged high rpm driving I never get a drop. So I just leave everything vented.