SOLD! 1969 ka powered 521

I would try gregslist. I heard ebay can be bad also esp if out of state issues ect.

Best to do a local sale so you can deal with any issue that may come up and go to the DVM and get rid of it fast. Esp with Datsun owners. I would put a price on my 510 and say No haggling, no food stamps, trades ec..... CASH Only no checks. Do a few basic email otherwise ignor them. If they want it that bad they will come and pay.

For soem reason 521s dont go for that much even when in exellent condition as the one i seen on Barrett jackson that sold for 4K. I couldnt believe it.It was a Museum piece. But just the way it is..

Im thinking of selling my Yellow 510 but I always get out of state people wanting to ship it ec... I dont want to deal with it either. Just get over here and give me the money and sign the title away. Thats the best and to do it. and Do it locally at the DVM and just get it done.

• Like 1
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll give you a massage (no homo) and a tattoo for it (just a temporary water transfer one, I have no skills).

But seriously, nice truck. I think it's probably worth every penny, but I hear ya about all the flakes... probably makes it worse since it's a pricier truck, it's hard squeezing that much outta people even when they have it to spend.

Little bit of advice about the flakers so they don't wear you out... don't waste your time and energy talking over the phone or in text about it to great length... just ask them straight out if they are truly interested and most importantly if they even have cash, if they ask if you will go lower just tell them to come take a look first before they start trying to haggle, and don't give directions or address until they say without a doubt they are on their way.

• Like 1

i have noticed in this community there are a whole lot more DIY'ers. I used to own a 1973 BMW 2002tiiand while i did some of the little things myself i noticed not a whole lot of people were taking on big projects (in the bimmer community) like motor transplants themselves which kept pricing up because if something was done you know it was done my a BMW mechanic or at least it should have been. It only took me 6 days to sell that bimmer when it was time. I know how much time and money I have into this 521 and I dont expect make anything from it (I profitted from selling the Bimmer)

I havent even replied to the last 3 offers I got this week. I figured if and when i get desperate I can always trade this thing for a Geo metro and a massage.

• 2 weeks later...

Still for sale. Buyer backed out. I'm open to reasonable offers. Took it to get a prepurchase inspection at garage 3 in lake forest and they did a leak down test motor is strong... I can get numbers for those interested.

• 2 weeks later...

finally got around to installing the carpet and cleaned up some wiring and she looks complete now. you can also see the radio delete installed when i park somewhere it looks like i just have the cheapy am radio it’s a must have around here :) also changed out a fautly valve cover gasket today.

th_DSC_0420.jpg

th_DSC_0422.jpg

th_DSC_0429.jpg

th_DSC_0430.jpg

th_DSC_0431.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

holy shitake nice truck......but read my signature .....its unfortunate but true....i had a truck on ebay the other day ... i always lit things that if u want it u better send a truck, a driver , or your self personally to come get it...and bring cash....unfortunately if this was a 2500 beater it would be gone by now... i can tell u from selling in the last two years ... if it has value ...or is worth more than 2500 its impossible to sell...i have sold everything that was 1500 or less but the big ticket items...u just get haggled and tire kicked or the kid who is building one but wants to come steel your ideas while driving it with no intention of owning it...honestly the shit is just fucked up right now....no body buying nothing ... lots of people wanna trade up via me ......i have to keep explaining to people banks don't except honda's as money....

to be honest the best experience i had was trading down with cash till i liquified one thing but it took for ever to get my money through trades and selling off what i aqquired....like full time job forever...but it worked and i even got a little more than i wanted ....

im just gonna go straight to beast mode..... it wont sell even though its worth it ... u are looking for the one person who knows what it is ...and what it took to build ...unfortunately u got a ton on here who know what u have, but no one with that kinda dough...best advice pull the ka...put it back to stock and ask 3500...keep all the parts or sell them off... either way that's the only way it happens..trust me i am about to unbag my fullsize and just sell it as a low miler stocker...i figured a bagged ultra clean 40k mile truck would sell in a second...(.read jrock shoots foot off in frustration)

yeah i was stoked on that muesem 521 that went through barrett but 4000 grand was a steal...basic white collar crime...

holy shitake nice truck......but read my signature .....its unfortunate but true....i had a truck on ebay the other day ... i always lit things that if u want it u better send a truck, a driver , or your self personally to come get it...and bring cash....unfortunately if this was a 2500 beater it would be gone by now... i can tell u from selling in the last two years ... if it has value ...or is worth more than 2500 its impossible to sell...i have sold everything that was 1500 or less but the big ticket items...u just get haggled and tire kicked or the kid who is building one but wants to come steel your ideas while driving it with no intention of owning it...honestly the shit is just fucked up right now....no body buying nothing ... lots of people wanna trade up via me ......i have to keep explaining to people banks don't except honda's as money....

to be honest the best experience i had was trading down with cash till i liquified one thing but it took for ever to get my money through trades and selling off what i aqquired....like full time job forever...but it worked and i even got a little more than i wanted ....

im just gonna go straight to beast mode..... it wont sell even though its worth it ... u are looking for the one person who knows what it is ...and what it took to build ...unfortunately u got a ton on here who know what u have, but no one with that kinda dough...best advice pull the ka...put it back to stock and ask 3500...keep all the parts or sell them off... either way that's the only way it happens..trust me i am about to unbag my fullsize and just sell it as a low miler stocker...i figured a bagged ultra clean 40k mile truck would sell in a second...(.read jrock shoots foot off in frustration)

yeah i was stoked on that muesem 521 that went through barrett but 4000 grand was a steal...basic white collar crime...

I sold the j13 that came with it. its pretty crazy the lowball offers i get and at this point when someone offers me cash before seeing the truck i know they are bullshitting, how the hell can you haggle before you even see the thing in person. I have taken a few offers only to have peolple not show up. Some old fucker offered me $6500 I said sure why not. he came and test drove it then said thanks but it was too much power for such a small truck and I should have kept it stock. WTF did i say it was a stock motor? did he not see in the numerous pictures i sent him beforehand? did he not know what i was selling? another fucker came and drove it around with a big ass smile on his dirty face and told me i had some rust on the roof and it needed paint. WTF did i not mention that in the ad and I sent him pics of too.

It’s a solid truck that need paint. Why do all these tirekickers nitpick things I have already pointed out.

I’d keep her but she basically is taking up room in the garage. My HKS cai still looks brand spanking new from lack of use. I have owned over 20 cars in the last 15 years so I am familiar with selling and dealin with people and i think i am asking a fair price considering the swap alone was about 5k and I overpaid for the dam truck in the first place (4K) thats 9k total then you add little nic nacs like stereo, amp, guages, wheels etc … . my lesson for the day is never do a motor swap again.

Anyways I am open to all reasonable offers I am in no rush to sell since i promised my GF the money will go to her ring so if it dosent sell she doesnt get a ring, LOL.

• Like 1

awesome truck man. Is that rust on the roof that bad that it needs to be repainted as I believe you mentioned?

yes it was bad prep and bondo from what i was told. i got a quote for $300 to fix it but I never got around to it. hell i had the carpet for 9 months before I installed 3 weeks ago. interior looks pretty sharp now. I had planned on building a subbox to go under the passenger seat but that got pushed way under the rug

I sold the j13 that came with it. its pretty crazy the lowball offers i get and at this point when someone offers me cash before seeing the truck i know they are bullshitting, how the hell can you haggle before you even see the thing in person. I have taken a few offers only to have peolple not show up. Some old fucker offered me $6500 I said sure why not. he came and test drove it then said thanks but it was too much power for such a small truck and I should have kept it stock. WTF did i say it was a stock motor? did he not see in the numerous pictures i sent him beforehand? did he not know what i was selling? another fucker came and drove it around with a big ass smile on his dirty face and told me i had some rust on the roof and it needed paint. WTF did i not mention that in the ad and I sent him pics of too.

It’s a solid truck that need paint. Why do all these tirekickers nitpick things I have already pointed out.

I’d keep her but she basically is taking up room in the garage. My HKS cai still looks brand spanking new from lack of use. I have owned over 20 cars in the last 15 years so I am familiar with selling and dealin with people and i think i am asking a fair price considering the swap alone was about 5k and I overpaid for the dam truck in the first place (4K) thats 9k total then you add little nic nacs like stereo, amp, guages, wheels etc … . my lesson for the day is never do a motor swap again.

Anyways I am open to all reasonable offers I am in no rush to sell since i promised my GF the money will go to her ring so if it dosent sell she doesnt get a ring, LOL.

yeah people are asses... i am selling a bagged truck and like i said about to return it to stock and just sell the low miler.... people are crazy when they just slash the price and then justify there low ball by saying it s a down economy...yeah well the truck is paid off so i an wait out the down economy ... honestly i just want a fair offer .. which was like what the old man offered u ....i am doing the same with my align trex nitro 700 3d rc heli ... its top shelf parts(about 4500) and i cant get anyone to buy it at a fraction of the build cost ... i broke it down to part out and already with half the parts sold am almost to my minimum asking price...with still the air frame to sell which is one of the larger values...to be honest after selling shit on cl i have given up ... its tire kickers galore and i think they should start a erality show about all the jerks who just go drive peoples shit...one guy on my truck said he wanted to take it to seatle and back on a test drive .....i said ok give me 2000 cash and the keys to your truck u brought....he was all flabergasted i asked for that or anything .. i just got back in the truck pulled in the garage threw the cover on as he was whining about my request i hit the garage door while he was talking came out through the door of my storage ...he was sill whining, hopped in the datto and he was like whats going on ... i said i should charge u for wasting my time....cause u wanna put a 100 miles on my truck to which i don't know u and don't know if your just freeloading or need to haul something or just got a date with a hooker and wanna look cool...i spent a hour showing, explaining, driving letting you drive and now this u wanna take my shit to seattle and back , to which i was fine if u followed my rules but u act like i'm the wierdo for asking for something ......side not cl is great for selling things less then a 1000 bucks ...can get your money no problem in a bout a day or two depending on the item.... its nice that people come to look at a forty year old thing and there biggest whine is .... hey the paint is f'ed....that would close the door on conversation for me...

• Like 1

I have the opposite problem, I'm a good buyer but I can't even get replies out of a lot of the sellers of 521s etc on CL! So mostly I have to buy on e-bane so I can secure the vehicle and send them a deposit right away. Lovely truck BTW, we didn't get KA engines over here but I bet that thing has loads of torque and it looks good too.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.