SOLD! 1969 ka powered 521

I have been thinking about this for some time but here it goes...1969 521 Engine swap was complete as Sept 2010. Rebuilt motor from a 240sx and 5 speed from the same donor.Front brakes were converted to disc using all new parts completed May 2011 03 rodeo rotors, 90 300zx pads and calipers new, brake lines, new master cylinder from a 280zx, wilwood adjustable proportioning valve.Custom center console for the autometer guages and stereo were made. I kept the old stereo where it's at but the new stereo can be hidden with a panel.December 2010 lowered 3 inches on blocksHID conversionRecently layed sound deadening on the interior still have the brand new carpet I bought off of JC Whitney waiting to be installedfull custom exhaust with headers.all the electrical works as it should.sprayed bedlinerwheels are 15x8 panasport looking wheels in 6 lug. not sure of the brand but I do know they are hard to find and I glad I got em.now for the bad.... speedo doesnt work rust appearing on roof from bad prep on prior paint job...besides all that was mentioned she starts right up drives strong and straight and brakes safely. I had planned on refinishing the wheels then a fresh coat of paint but I am thinking about getting a Z now. Keep it the way it is and enjoy it or paint it and make it show-ready it’s up to you. now for the pics...Looking to get $7000 oboDSC_1845.jpgDSC_0509.jpgDSC_8492.jpgDSC_8514.jpgDSC_8509.jpgDSC_0007.jpgDSC_0025-1.jpgDSC_0014.jpgDSC_0016.jpg

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I’m keeping her safe until the right buyer comes along :) just washed her after a weekend of cruising around here in the nice weather. Now I’m just admiring her on the driveway. She still makes me smile plus she doesnt take up too much room and barely eats so I dont mind having her around.

I thought I’d never give her up either especially after paying for the swap $$$$. I guess I will never learn that I get bored and lose interest in cars kinda fast no matter how much I think I am in love. I just dont give her the attention she needs anymore. I walk past her every morning like she doesnt even exist and it Im starting to feel bad. I couldnt wait leave work and see her waiting for me outside gleaming in the afternoon sun I was all smiles for awhile. No she sits in the cold garage just waiting for someone to take her out and giver her the excercise she deserves…

I could go on but you get the point. My car ADD really sucks man. I have had Lindsay for 2 years and have gone thru 3 other cars during that time. 06 saab 92x then 08 volvo c30 for 10 months and traded that in for an 06 volvo v50 cause I missed having a wagon. I am not even gonna get started on all the ones before the datsun. I told myself no more after I sell this one but something inside has been making the 240z look purty dam good to me right now. It’s between that and an old mini cooper. I might just get back into Rc cars and save some money.

Thanks man.and I hope you do keep it.521s are the sheeeeet.and I do really love the truck.

• 2 weeks later...

These wheels were pretty hard to find and I consider myself pretty lucky to have found em. They might be for sale seperately in a few weeks. they would be

pretty sweet all polished up with a lil bit of stretch if thats your thing. either way they are sexy wheels and 6 lug too!!!

Sock and eggs are gratis with purchase of the car. I had a local do the swap for me and some people here know him his name is John. If I had to guess how many miles i would say 500 miles maybe, just look at the hks filter it’s still brand new. knock yourself outDSC_0267.jpg

I used to live in germany. Uncle was in to high end cars.They all the same to me. Im just cheap.

I just think the 521 will get more comments/nice and a rareity in itself esp in that condition.

Even without sidedrafts and a rising sun hood?

I keed.

Anyone here have experience selling a car on ebay? Whats their cut and how was ur experience overall. I have sold quite afew cars thru craigslists and maybe im just cranky but I am really tired of all the tire kickers this time around. People asking for more pics with no intention of buying, haggling and lowballing just for the fun of it, making appointments then not showing up. flakes and fakes!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.