Save Drifting in Atlanta!!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll sign it, but only if they start requiring mufflers. :P

Then again, maybe I'm just jaded by the "drifters" that bust ass through my neighborhood with their straight piped hondas.

Okay, I'll sign. And now I'm going to go slash some tires.

There needs to be a place for these events. Otherwords people will be doing it in places that they can ... and this means streets and private roadways.

If noise is the reason then that is entirely mis-guided. Must be electrion season again soon ...

Signed.

There needs to be a place for these events. Otherwords people will be doing it in places that they can ... and this means streets and private roadways.

If noise is the reason then that is entirely mis-guided. Must be electrion season again soon ...

Signed.

It's like the over-privileged wealthy fucks who built houses under PDX's flight path in the 80's then proceeded to bitch and throw money at bribiticians until the pathways got changed.

No way man. This country's gotten so pussified that everyone just talks shit, and then cower when they're called out. More often then not, people try to avoid physical confrontation at all costs, then will sink to a place of comfort and safety, where they resume the bad mouthing. Gimme the good ol' days where a handshake was a binding agreement, your word was your honor, and calling a man "Yella" meant fisticuffs at the very least, or possibly a date at high-noon.

lets pace it off....6 shooters an all.... :ninja:

I wonder if the track/place/arena has been there already since always? My point is, as same as one of the tracks here, survived several closing orders, because of angry neighbors. I mean, the cheap bastards bought a cheap house there because the price of the land was cheap, precisely because of the noise, so if you were aware of that, why did they bought a house there?

I'll sign it, but only if they start requiring mufflers. :P

Then again, maybe I'm just jaded by the "drifters" that bust ass through my neighborhood with their straight piped hondas.

Okay, I'll sign. And now I'm going to go slash some tires.

for reals? drifters in honduhs...... sir you are mistaken, there is only a few honduhs that are capable of drifting...s2000s and stuff from back in the 60s-70s(underpowered so prolly no drift). so to think that the straight pipe ricer honduhs rolling thru your neighbor hood represent the drift scene is just plain ignorant. they may represent the fans but fans arent what is up for scrutiny, noise is. yes most drift cars are straight piped. just like most drag cars, and scca cars. i know the porsche shop next to me that build gt3 cars runs straight pipes.... so why just drifting?

and also to help prove my point, when i drifted my car at the track i had full exhaust. but i lowered the shit out of it, took the hood off and cut the exhaust off next to the trans so i cood take it to a ricer met just to piss of the honduh kids cause i was lower louder and older! it worked to. honduh kids arent drifters

and if you do go slash tires... i hope it comes back on you 10 fold cause thats just fucked.

for reals? drifters in honduhs...... sir you are mistaken, there is only a few honduhs that are capable of drifting...s2000s and stuff from back in the 60s-70s(underpowered so prolly no drift). so to think that the straight pipe ricer honduhs rolling thru your neighbor hood represent the drift scene is just plain ignorant. they may represent the fans but fans arent what is up for scrutiny, noise is. yes most drift cars are straight piped. just like most drag cars, and scca cars. i know the porsche shop next to me that build gt3 cars runs straight pipes.... so why just drifting?

and also to help prove my point, when i drifted my car at the track i had full exhaust. but i lowered the shit out of it, took the hood off and cut the exhaust off next to the trans so i cood take it to a ricer met just to piss of the honduh kids cause i was lower louder and older! it worked to. honduh kids arent drifters

and if you do go slash tires... i hope it comes back on you 10 fold cause thats just fucked.

the only way that hondas can drift is in reverse.......RWD is a must!

1. I was being, mostly, factitious.

2. It'll come back to me 10 fold in unicorn farts and rainbow gum drops because those fuck wits deserve to have their cars lamed. They've nearly hit children who were on the SIDEWALKS because they'll spin out and hit a curb.

3. I realize that drifters and "drifters" are two completely separate sub-classes. Refer to #1.

4. I signed

sounds liek you live on a busy street or something if ppl drifting the corners is a regular occurance... or maybe you live at the track idk

To be honest, I think it's mostly a case of 'damn those stupid kids sliding around in my parking lot.'

The parking lot we drift on is historical. It's whats left of the famous original Turner Field. They tore it down and build a stadium in an adjacent lot. Now it's just a parking lot.

In my opinion, I think they're just picking on us since they don't see what we do as a motorsport. We Autocross there including a few other random sports, but this is the only one that's come up as an issue.

536746_10150850589292608_544922607_9634908_1949254777_n.jpg

We're tearing down the wall the legislators are building around them. Formula Drift is happening on Road Atlanta as we speak and will be happening tomorrow as well. We've picked up a huge amount of support here through other drifters.

The fact is, if we don't stop their push to ban drifting we'll potentially loose every motorsport in the area. Drift, Autocross, SCCA events, etc.

http://vimeo.com/41582622

Edited by metalmonkey47

can you post the email you sent him.

id also suggest that anyone that is active enough to sign the petition email the guy. flood his inbox and show him its not a small endevor. you said you have tanner and other pro drivers, have them send an email his way.