Save Drifting in Atlanta!!

http://www.change.or...re_button_modal

I need you guys to do me a solid Ratsun favor.

Our Atlanta mayor is amending the noise ordinance in Atlanta to BAN drift events in all our venues. Our Atlanta drift events are some of the biggest in the world and we have to save them for the sake of keeping legal drifting legal. In the last week this has gone from a minor political annoyance to a very real possibility.

They've shut down a lot of our local drag tracks for the same reason, and we don't have much left to save. I know there aren't really any of you guys here in Atlanta, but that doesn't matter. We have people signing from other countries as far away as Switzerland and in this case, strength is in our numbers. We've had people to city council for this matter already and we're actively fighting it.

If you guys could do me a huge favor and sign the petition I would greatly appreciate it. I was trying not to have to post it here, but it seems like the chances of us loosing one of our biggest drift venues is steadily increasing. We have several members on here that don't post very often that are very active in the local drift scene, and I know that they would appreciate it as well.

S3_feature_chad-copeland-2.jpg

Edited by metalmonkey47
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

signed!.... you know nascar is louder than drifting is. i agree too that agreeing to ban it based on seeing smashed s14s and such. stupid reason since theres accidents in all forms of motorsports.

FAST-GROCERIES-650x382.jpg

I think that there will always be jerk-offs that can't help but do it illegally on the street, foolishly throwing caution and others' well being to the wind. The people at the track are usually the mature, responsible ones that actually know what they're doing, and more than likely wouldn't take it to the streets, even if it was their only option. That's why they're at the track in the first place.

i disagree micro, the track offers the ones who don't know what they are doing a safe place to learn allowing them to develop the skills necessary to have fun rather than forcing them to the streets to learn. Im not saying a track will eliminate street shinangians, but its better to have it than to not

signed!.... you know nascar is louder than drifting is. i agree too that agreeing to ban it based on seeing smashed s14s and such. stupid reason since theres accidents in all forms of motorsports.

FAST-GROCERIES-650x382.jpg

yeah but u don't see a bunch of red necks driving around with numbers on there cars, only turning left and welding there doors shut.... ON CITY STREETS ... can u say the same about every s 13/ or trueno in town.... go to your local industrial park to see the next generation of car crashing, flat billed hat having, black sock wearing....illiterate piece of useless crap learning to drift unsuccessfully....most times into cars or other property damage.....and this is coming from a corn feed mini trucker....

ps ...yes i sponsor a drift car .... but your fan base is killing your sport...don't blame us for not wanting to deal with the above....every sport is fan driven... thats why cricket is stupid in the states and we play foot ball with our hands its because its what we wanna see.....and if your peeps are out four deep in a s13 peeling out at every corner... well u do the math how many people are impressed by that ... i would say four... the rest can do with out...

but i signed it ... cause i like the show....and thats' what it is ...a show....hey monster trucks were big for 20 plus years...racing involves starting passing and finishing .....and the only time the smokier the burnout is better is when u win...racing isnt judged figure skating is...

ps ...yes i sponsor a drift car .... but your fan base is killing your sport...don't blame us for not wanting to deal with the above....every sport is fan driven... thats why cricket is stupid in the states and we play foot ball with our hands its because its what we wanna see.....and if your peeps are out four deep in a s13 peeling out at every corner... well u do the math how many people are impressed by that ... i would say four... the rest can do with out...

What are you talking about man?

Our fan base isn't the problem. We don't have people drifting out of parking lots at every meet JDM style making noise and being idiots.

This has NOTHING to do with any of that. Our meets are responsible, organized, and professional. That's why our scene is as big as it is. I don't expect you to know, having never attended our meets, but what you don't seem to understand is that not every car event is a scene out of F&F.

Our drift meets are no for kids to go throw their grandma's cars around while they're out of town. It's not for your run of the mill S13/14 to come throw down. These are Formula D Pro-Am and above drift events. As simple as that.

This issue is regarding a housing complex being constructed in the area and people complaining about the noise at the event. As simple as that.

For those of you that signed for whatever reason, thank you. In the last 2 hours we've managed over 500 additions to the petition.

I signed it as well, I have good friends that are responsible that love drifting and even though I like watching it I don't do any drifting myself but killing the fun and adrenaline rush for those guys is wrong over a noise complain. These events are usually a couple days a month I don't know about atlanta but sure hope it keeps going legally would hate to see it go on the street because of that law.

Im for banning it.

I hate seeing smashed S14s

Yes, most of all.

You'll see smashed cars in ANY form of auto racing. Drifting, Auto-x, SCCA ITA/ITC racing. Etc. That's not a very good reason to ban it.

First of all, auto racing's a legitimate sport. You actually have a winner, usually the first one to finish wins. What real sport is judged on 'style' or who makes the most smoke? It would be like judging a beauty contest or figure skating.

If it noise that's the problem the easy fix is to take the fart cans off and put mufflers on.

Drifting is not racing, but it is a form of motorsport.

Even if drifting is not your cup of tea, you can still encourage others in their enjoyment of their automotive hobby.

Offroading is undergoing the same scrutiny and public trails are being closed down constantly.

Tread lightly!

Soon enough there will be a ban on rusty old cars (think emissions) and it will affect everybody here.

There are always bad eggs and the actions of a few affect all.

i disagree micro, the track offers the ones who don't know what they are doing a safe place to learn allowing them to develop the skills necessary to have fun rather than forcing them to the streets to learn. Im not saying a track will eliminate street shinangians, but its better to have it than to not

The operative words in my statement were "mature" and "responsible". I also said, ".. that actually know what they're doing", meaning, they're doing it in a sanctioned area intended for their purposes. I didn't say anything about "professional" :)

• Like 1

I personally do not like drifting. HOWEVER, I signed it simply because if they ban one form of motorsports (judged or timed), they WILL MOST CERTAINLY ban another form next. Pretty soon you won't be able to cut a loud fart in a public area because it disturbs someone.

We have received noise complaints from our autocross events also in years past. Partly why we run out at Deer Park airport. It's far away and people don't bitch. Doesn't have to be just drifting. The more we stick together, the more we can continue to enjoy what I consider a very important form of fun and sport.

Also, MORE legal options leave less morons screwing around on the streets. Yes, there will be those who do it anyway, but what if we didn't have any boxing arenas. Think there would be more fist fights in public? It's a no-brainer.

Yes, there will be those who do it anyway, but what if we didn't have any boxing arenas. Think there would be more fist fights in public?

No way man. This country's gotten so pussified that everyone just talks shit, and then cower when they're called out. More often then not, people try to avoid physical confrontation at all costs, then will sink to a place of comfort and safety, where they resume the bad mouthing. Gimme the good ol' days where a handshake was a binding agreement, your word was your honor, and calling a man "Yella" meant fisticuffs at the very least, or possibly a date at high-noon.

• Like 3
Gimme the good ol' days where a handshake was a binding agreement, your word was your honor, and calling a man "Yella" meant fisticuffs at the very least, or possibly a date at high-noon.

This is almost sig worthy.

:thumbup: