71 Datsun 521

Not much to report. I got swamped with orders right before the weekend and got caught up today so I messed with it for a few hours.

P1010353copy-1.jpg

P1010354copy.jpg

P1010359copy.jpg

Tomorrow I have to go pick up my '54 F100 and move it back home for the next few weeks, so not much will happen tomorrow either.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So damn sweet! Great to see some rubber on there. Must feel good to have it off the jack stands!

Have you said what your plans are for the bed floor?

Hey man

That is looking so sweet

Like, mad sweet

Question, the 4 link you got there, what size is the bar you used for the arms, and is it solid or hollow?

Seedy Al

The lowers are 1.25 OD and the uppers are 1" OD, bother are .120" wall thickness.

So damn sweet! Great to see some rubber on there. Must feel good to have it off the jack stands!

Have you said what your plans are for the bed floor?

The plan is to remove it completely.

^ Yes.

wow man... sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeettttt work there. im curious to know how u shortened your axle. any pics of that work? my compliments....

I took a couple of pictures during the process, but other than the finished pictures I don't care much to share them. The main reason is, I don't think it is something that just anyone should be trying, because the axle is a very crucial part of a vehicle. And I think that modifying them should be left to someone that has done it before, or was taught hands on how to do it and has experience. No offense to anyone, I just felt like it was dangerous information to share, and I don't want to be held responsible.

New Toyota lower arms.

P1010012copy-1.jpg

P1010017copy-1.jpg

P1010020copy-1.jpg

P1010021copy.jpg

P1010022copy.jpg

P1010025copy.jpg

Will be available adjustable or non adjustable. The purpose of the lowers being adjustable is so you can adjust caster via the lower arm the way it was from the factory. This leaves the upper arm only adjusting for camber, so you have an even amount of spacers, and a cleaner look from the engine bay. I've built two sets so far, one will be going on my truck for some R&D.

• 3 weeks later...