71 Datsun 521

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

screwdriver through the grill and push the latch thing across and pop, easy as.

The hood latch isn't an issue, its not even installed right now because I don't have the cable re routed yet. I was talking about loosing the hood prop thats mounted to the firewall and attaches to the center of the hood to hold it up. It doesn't fit now, so I have to hold the hood up myself to take pictures.

Got to admit, at first I wasn't a fan of the hood but now it's metal finished I quite like it. I know Seth's a man about stock hoods, but when there's no other option that's a winner! Like they said, looks sweet with the factory lines.

Nice job on the intake too. Getting close now.

Honestly when I first built it, I liked it in person, but not in pictures. Now that its metal finished to an extent, I like it both ways.

Dude, even the air filter is a work of art. Will you be taking the whole truck to get painted too? Or are you dropping it with the owner unfinished and not seeing it again?

I just gotta see this thread taken all the way to the cover of Minitruckin!

I read about that altercation with the fence. Honesty is the best policy though. So whatever it takes I guess.

Looks pretty trick even without paint and an interior. As long as it's got a seat, pedals and a steering wheel that 521's ready to roll!

I'm ready for an update on Frank too please Seth. Truth is I've got a 1980 Yota but no money to do anything on it yet and I keep an eye on your forum too.

Wait do you want a hood or an intake? Either way, PM me or give me a call. Its going to be hourly, but if you want relatively the same thing it will be faster than this one.

Well the truck is basically done. Everything is hooked up, everything is painted, floor is seam sealed, it starts up and runs fine, sounds good. But today I found out the clutch master is bad. I believe from sitting for so long the seals gone bad, because it won't put out any pressure. I've exhausted every other option and come to this conclusion. So I have to wait until Tuesday to get the parts to fix it....

But today I found out the clutch master is bad. I believe from sitting for so long the seals gone bad, because it won't put out any pressure. I've exhausted every other option and come to this conclusion. .

That is precisely what happened with mine Seth. Had no leaks or anything. But the pedal went right to the floor. So I rebuilt the master and wound up having to put in a new slave and that took care of it!

That is a great build! If you are willing to share it, what does a build like that cost?

For the amount of work, not that much. I got it all tallied up today for a final bill since its about done. Its around $12.5K with all the parts and materials. Cheap if you consider the average bag job is $5K and so is the average bodydrop (this one was pretty easy so the time didn't add up to the average body drop cost). And this truck is bagged with a Toyota axle, Toyota frame, custom everything, and tube control arms, as well as bodydropped with a custom hood. If my hourly rate was as high as my neighbors, it would have hit $20K by now.

That is precisely what happened with mine Seth. Had no leaks or anything. But the pedal went right to the floor. So I rebuilt the master and wound up having to put in a new slave and that took care of it!

Thats basically what I am experiencing. I might as well just order the slave cylinder as well, its only about $25.