71 Datsun 521

whats all this talk about a customer i thought i read in the beginning that this was your truck i dig the hood thats bad ass i wanna some day down the road do ram air scoops on mine

I don't know that I ever said it was mine. Here is a quote of the very first sentence in this thread:

Truck got dropped off this week. As of today most of the parts are in, and its getting rolled inside tomorrow to start tear down.

I didn't necessarily say it was a customer truck either, but that is what it is. I run a shop, don't have much time for my own vehicles. But I am slowly finishing my Toyota, and getting ready to start my 30 Chevy.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seth it has been a real pleasure watching you build this puppy. Thanks for including us!

I am a bit sad that it is over... sniff...

Get another Datsun soon and start another thread (Or hell we'd love to see anything you build!)

He said hes leaving the old one on the frotn for the nostalgic look. He also said he couldn't get it off, and to leave it when I asked if he wanted it removed. He did order some custom plates though recently so he might have matching ones. Probably good to learn to drive it on these plates though because he drug both of them up on the way to lunch.

Seth it has been a real pleasure watching you build this puppy. Thanks for including us!

I am a bit sad that it is over... sniff...

Get another Datsun soon and start another thread (Or hell we'd love to see anything you build!)

I don't see any more Datsuns in the future soon, havent talked to anyone about them. But I am also working on a Police Interceptor right now, and will be building myself a 1930 Chevy modified pretty soon.

I've been lurking this thread since the begining now that it's done I just want to congratulate for your work.

You have some badass fab skills.

Hopefully when I get another realiable daily driver I'll do about the same to my 521.

I'll check on your website about the police interceptor project,I've only seen one built by Go EZ, I bet yours would be better.

Thanks guys. Glad you like it.

Not sure I will post my other projects here, as they would be pretty far O/T.

Heres a quote from the owner off my site after his drive home:

"Heres what happened

Cruzin home on the 101 she tops out at around 50mph but oh my, did Ethel cause a scene. I got her about an inch and a half off the ground and started south. Ive never seen anything like it! Old guys in hotrods, soccer moms, truckers, guys on street bikes, contractors in work trucks... I seriously caused traffic. I had my sister tailing me in her junker ford, just in case Ethel decided to get pissed off and quit, so shes behind me going super slow too. People behind her would get pissed, whip into the fast lane, blast past her, and then they would see Ethel. Ive never seen so many near crashes in my life. People would just slam on the brakes and stare. Never had so many people wave at me either! The guys on the street bikes is what really suprised me. Ive never seen them even acknowledge a vehicle before and here they are throwing up signs and waving. Unbelievable. Now I know why you all do this! This is so much fun!!"