The Vinyl Solution

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Crackerjack, where in Portland is your shop. I'm local designer (and 24 year Adobe Illustrator vet) and I'd love a tour. I'm new to the area, but picking up clients rapidly. Maybe I could send you some work. The 510s in my sig are two of mine.

Lolz, my shop is a broomcloset in my basement apartment. Still workin on getting a proper space, but for now vector vinyl inc operates in my tiny little living space :D hopefully I can land some steady contracts w/ the new wide format machine, and afford a proper shop space.

• Like 4
  • 1 month later...

I've been busy. I quite my job, and am now running my vinyl corporation (Vector Vinyl Inc) full-time :D I've got 2 other partners, one designer and one investor. Hoping I can keep this business afloat and make a living cutting and printing vinyl. When I started this thread, I never though things would be like this, what a trip.

Here's some oics, I'll try and keep this thread more up to date. Thank you Skib for smoothly designing and ordering my business cards. I've been trying and trying to get someone to do this for months, and got nothing. For any of you out there who need cards, don't waste your time, just get a hold of Skib.

IMG_20120616_131508-1.jpg

IMG_20120626_224628.jpg

IMG_20120706_164707.jpg

IMG_20120626_224612.jpg

IMG_20120717_004818.jpg

IMG_20120719_174238.jpg

IMG_20120802_172314.jpg

IMG_20120802_172256.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
Thank you Skib for smoothly designing and ordering my business cards. I've been trying and trying to get someone to do this for months, and got nothing. For any of you out there who need cards, don't waste your time, just get a hold of Skib.

lol thanks for the plug man :cool:

cards are always easy to whip out and I get great prices from my printer, Iv done a few for Ratsuners dayjob business's but I rarely advertise lol

Hmmm Thats weird. I sent designs quite some time ago for cards, but never heard anything back. I guess he went with you Skib. No hard feelings, just glad he has something to use. Seeing your Ratsun cards, Im sure theyre quality.

This was our last conversation, at least this is what I recieved... I was suprised that all of a sudden our communication dropped off.

Sent 22 May 2012 - 11:23 PM

Those are nice. The color contrast is good when converting to SVG. Thank you for digging those up.

Any progress on my logo? Also, I made an FB page for my Inc. www.facebook.com/vectorvinylinc

I'd like that included on the business card. Oics of the Boss decals installed? Looks like you may end up winning the Datsun Bug contest. That'll be cool, cuz you can design your prize, lolz. I'm doing Tshirts now too. Just finished a batch of 15 shirts for a local little league baseball team :D

Sent 29 May 2012 - 07:47 PM

Any updates for me?

• 3 weeks later...

*UPDATE* Got a dye sublimation printer for cotton. Very cool! Photo quality printed images for heatpressing onto cloth. Hopefully upgrading to a Graphtec 30" cutter w/ contour cut feature soon. And then once I buy ink cartriges for the wide format printer ($230 x 6, ouch!) I'll be capable of printed decals and partial wraps :D Applying soon for a grant from the small business association, wish me luck. Never thought I'd be able to quit my full-time appliance repair job and sit at home making vinyl for a living, but it happened and is going well!!

• 2 weeks later...