Ecology Beware......

Never noticed an exit fee on my receipts.

The only time they can try and search you is as a condition of entry. Once you've paid for your shit, they can pound sand. Transaction is complete, they have no further rights to, now, your property. If they believe you stole something, they can ask to detain you while the cops show up, but they can't physically stop you. If some numb nuts tried laying a hand on me, he'd need his wife's help to open his ketchup bottles.

You can say that again.......

• Like 1
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to Sherwood Pick-n-Pull today. Needed a rain and a roller slide that goes into the rail for the sliding door on my Aerostar.

I took in the tools I needed in a bucket, and had my backpack. I am not going to leave ID in my van.

Got the parts I needed. I dropped the bolts and screws removed to get to the parts in the bucket, but not the bolts for major things like seatbelts.

At the counter, I do not wait for the guy to ask. I show him my back pack, show him what is in the bucket. Be polite, respectful, and they do not hassle you.

Another time, I found a good heavy duty pry bar in the yard. I brought it up to the counter, even though it would fit in my tool box. told the guy at the counter, "Your yard, Your tools"

He said thank you, and did not charge me for some of the stuff I took out.

The last major Datsun part I got from Pick-n-Pull was a windshield for a 521. I paid $36.49 including the environmental fee. That seems like a pretty good price to me.

Wow~ so many justifications....

Here's a novel thought~ and one that may run contradictory to most of what's been posted....

Do you need to justify your actions?

Need the feel to sneak parts out~ even tho you feel you're owed them?

If they're bolts that directly relate to the part you're buying~ understood. Put 'em on the counter and pay for them. (thanx Wayno & Jayden)

Just cause something will fit in your pocket~ means it's free?

You need to analyze your morals and ethics.

Don't give anybody BS about search and seizure~ that's just an excuse to hide your motives/intentions.

The bottom line is~ can you go to sleep tonite and feel good about how you've conducted your life's business....?

Do unto others~ as you would have them do unto you.....

Peace~

Scott

• Like 3

I place all the parts I want to "steal" in my open bucket and let them search it. They take the stuff out and leave some stuff in. They ask for receipt and i say I don have any. Then they just let me go. Tech I am not stealing... I am not hidding anything. If you let me have it then cool. If not then I dont need it.

Here's a novel thought~ and one that may run contradictory to most of what's been posted....

If they're bolts that directly relate to the part you're buying~ understood. Put 'em on the counter and pay for them. (thanx Wayno & Jayden)

Don't give anybody BS about search and seizure~ that's just an excuse to hide your motives/intentions.

The bottom line is~ can you go to sleep tonite and feel good about how you've conducted your life's business....?

Peace~

Scott

yes

• Like 3

That's weird I figured that shit was free. Hell my first time going to a junkyard one of the guys that drive the tool trucks actually told me to pocket anything I wanted off of a z and an s12 because they were going to be crushed later that week anyways. I almost bought a steering wheel adapter but didn't need to after that and I managed to put the hood scoop in my swartahirt pocket. Bought the hunk of foam rear wing though. First price was 50 bucks I handed the guy behind the counter a 5 dollar bill and asked if it was close enough and he just shrugged and I walked out. There is a pretty good selection of datsuns at Aberdeen auto wreckers. The owner used to race lz22 powered 210s and would always give parts for free or really cheap (620 grill headlight buckets lights wiring etc for ten bucks)

• Like 1

Just remember to that when you decide to come back, they might recognize you as "that guy". I always ask a round about price before I even get my tools out, that way I don't look so desperate. 3 weeks ago I asked the guy what he gets on batteries, looked at me and said $25. Seemed fair, so I went out to the ZX that had just got t-boned and pulled out a new Optima battery, gave my $25 and walked right out the door. Did I steal it?? Nope, just got a hell of a deal :P

Fuzz

Peace~

Scott

I like a lot of what you said except the part about search and seizure. I don't let cops search my vehicle without a warrant, I'm sure as hell not going to let some security guard search my person or affects after a transaction is complete.

That being said, I always lay out my tool bag and parts for them to look at before I pay so they know I'm on the up and up. A couple times I've realized we got bullshitting as I was signing in and forgot to pay, and I'll kick them the entrance fee after the fact. This always surprises them, which makes me smile. Last time I was there, I pulled a bunch of relays because I can use them for assorted projects. Got to the counter and dude said "Oh, they're like $5 a piece" so I pulled them all out and gave them back. Got home and found a handful that got mixed up in the bag, and I returned them today. Counter guy was all "What're these?" "They're yours. I thought I took them all out last time I was here, but apparently I missed a few. Here ya go." When I came out, he ended up marking a bunch of my parts as "head bolts" then telling me "Good actions should be rewarded."

Win!

I like when the person at the checkout don't know wtf they're doing. I went to pull-a-part needing 2 injectors for my z. Ended up taking the whole fuel rail with injectors still attached. At $7 each for injectors & $11 for the fuel rail i figured $60-65 tax & all. Clerk paid no attention to injectors, $12.?? later for fuel rail and kept my mouth shut. No shits were given. Your stupidity = your loss.