pic of your truck

Icehouse

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So here goes my first attempt with pics on this site... and the story, well a little bit of the story.

When I was young my Grandfather had an old brown Datsun that he used to drive. The poor thing had HUGE gross mag rims:cool: and really wide Bias ply tires (they made the gnarly ladder rack look cool though!).

When I got this truck given to me by the original owner's daughter, I thought of Grandpa instantly. The truck had been in California all it's life and was really pretty straight, with almost zero rust.

The project was underway!

The whole family came down to the shop with me and helped wet sand and hungout with me while I spent hours trying to get it ready for his 80th birthday.

The color is supposed to look old...like coffee with milk added to it.

My dad did the pinstripping and I handled all the mechanicals and the bodywork.

HE LOVED IT! biggrin.gif

He used to haul all kinds of firewood, sod, brush, lumber and stuff with it. He used it hard. Everywhere he went people offered to buy it from him:lol:

After a few years of using and enjoying the little truck, he called and said that I should come out to Cali and pick it up.

SO I DID!blink.gif

Here are some before pics (sweet back bumper eh?) and a few now pics too.

The truck was lowered 2 inches when I gave it to Grandpa, now its 4ish.

Tell me what rims you guys like...I will give you some options to look at.

sk8Datsun1006.jpg

engine bay...before (after coming soon...battery JUST Died!)

sk8Datsun1003.jpg

Farm fresh!

sk8Datsun1002.jpg

WTH is that thing hangin off the back of that poor truck?mellow.gif

Today...with '08 Yukon 17's (200 bucks...I could NOT pass em up!)

P7280004.jpg

P7280005.jpg

That 60's look. Toy chromies with super cool actual late 50's hubcaps.

P7280003.jpg

The way Grandpa liked it...Toyota 15 chromies.

P7280007.jpg

The way i like it...stock look...no caps! I have the caps, I just prefer not to run em:D

P7280001.jpg

just picked up this 70 521 for my 12 1/2 year old grandson that he spotted while I was check into a 79 620kc.

IMG_3300.jpg

IMG_3301.jpg

door panels were behind the seat, in great condition to.

IMG_3302.jpg

IMG_3303.jpg

IMG_3308.jpg

Wow..!!! That is one nice truck that you found, It is going to clean up super nice, have fun with it

• 2 weeks later...

Heres a shot or two of my work in progress. Refrain from the flames. Relax... Im a professional. The plan is to build my L18, dual flat top su's, my dogleg five, and get the driveshaft shortened. Its got the 4.88 rearend. So Im keeping my eye out for some tall steelies with pie cutter tires. The cab has been moved towards the rear almost a foot. The bed is 10 3/4 inches shorter and about eight inches narrower. The roof was cut into a 'convertible' when I got it so I plan on building it as a removable hardtop with a built in 2-3 inch chop. The next step is to flatten out the bed sides to square it off. Then the front end is in need of a grill shell. Its a work in progress. Im trying to get it road worthy for Canby. Cant wait to see the pissed off, disgusted people. haha.

l_d505d8a271cf4681b823c828a9240d18.jpg

l_3ff960240e03429f901c6ceb4510dd85.jpg

Here are a couple of nice pics of my 620kc.

620018.jpg

620021.jpg

Don't be distracted by that ugly NSX, look past it to the bitchin 620! :P

Guest DatsuNoob

The truck was running fine here in the last pic at that time. I've been stacking up parts for a while now and working out of Joe's old garage for a few hrs each day. I need someone to finish the wiring and it should fire up. I have for trade a mostly complete KA from a 98 Frontier or $200 (only if the end result runs)

to whoever wants to take me up. There's not a helluva lot to do here, it's all mapped out and tagged, I'm just lost on electrical and pretty much dont know wires at all. Doesnt help being color blind either. Hopefully I will have the last straight body panel I need in my possesion this weekend. Just waiting on dude to get back to me before I drive all the way to Central OR.