Canby

Guest Rick-rat

I can relate to where rick is coming from. I have gone to shows where there where not enough awards to hand out, and promises to send an award are made and never kept . My thing is, you should know how many classes there are and hence have enough awards for each class. This is not rocket sience, if you have 15 classes with 1,2, 3rd places then have 45 awards ready...If something does happen, take care of it. People pay to be judged in hopes for an award and if they win one the promoter/ club what have you should have awards or in this case one should have been sent the next week...

Rick has every right not to be happy about this,and state his point of view. If he wants to boycott the show then so be it, I have not gone back to shows for the same reason. But, in this case it is a tough call to boycott Canby The Datsun community is tight and not alot of events go on around the NW, so we need to promote and support the shows. So I hope that DatsunNW does do good on this situation or makes some kind of fix.

And hope you get well Rick, we all like seeing you at the shows and all the gatherings throughout the year....

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry Rick-Rat but i will be attending Canby but i understand what your position is , I am in year six of my personal boycott of Starbucks (makes me wanna puke ) because of that prick selling the Supersonics..to some other rich prick..

no fucking joke..

• Like 1

I love the idea of doing a "mock trophy' fab up the worlds most epic 6 foot tall Datsun trophy, bring it to Canby, then stick a maxipad or some duct tape with "canby 2011, 3rd place" written on it in black felt pen... that will make the point.

just don't do this... 129156000064623898.jpg

:rofl:

Im gonna go to the trophy shop in the morrow and have a trophy made, and then deliver it to Rick. Its that easy folks!

Pumpkn, ya beat me to it... and the fact that I don't know Rick or where he lives. +1. I'll throw down some coin on one if you do.

Rick has every right not to be happy about this,and state his point of view.

Absolutely. This is just wrong but easily fixed.

If he wants to boycott the show then so be it, I have not gone back to shows for the same reason. But, in this case it is a tough call to boycott Canby The Datsun community is tight and not alot of events go on around the NW, so we need to promote and support the shows. So I hope that DatsunNW does do good on this situation or makes some kind of fix.

And hope you get well Rick, we all like seeing you at the shows and all the gatherings throughout the year....

I think this is wrong also as it deprives us of you, Rick and your Datsun. Please reconsider your stand. If you want to make a point and ask some awkward questions, you can't do it from home.

I notice that last year they didn't hand out the little Canby plaques with the year on them. I got one in 2010.

Guest Rick-rat

vacation070.jpg

Dat Doug and Pumpkin stopped by today, really nice of them to visit. Dave also brought me a trohy for Canby last year. I can see now why I had so much difficulty getting mine from the Datsuns NW, took about 45 minutes to make trophy.

019.jpg

vacation069.jpg

paco.jpg

Thanks Pumpkin

Don't know why the pics didn't load

Edited by Bleach
pics

Ive been wanting to stop by & see RickRat & Paco for a while now. He lives just 5 min. from me for hells sake! So I get a text from Pupmkin today asking me if i wanted to roll over there with him to give him the trophy he had made for Rick in place of the plaque he did not recieve from Datsuns NW for Canby 2011. Good timing Dave :D

So we went over & presented Rick with his trophy & visited with him & Paco. He is doing well & was very stoked to see us. The trophy Dave had made (took 45 min.) is bad-ass! Rick is still bitter about not getting his well deserved plaque but @ least he has something which is much better thanks to Pumkin!

Hopefully we can talk him into going to Canby 2012 :poke:

PICS Bitches :fu:

RickRatTrophy1.jpg

RickRatsTrophy2.jpg

RickRatsTrophy3.jpg

• Like 1

Hey Rick...Glad to hear you are recovering. I understand where you are coming from. I have called Julie Coop and a few of the club members on several occasions and got the run around as well. Julie at least promised me free registration next year. I figure they never recieved the trophies from the vendor or never paid the vendor for what was remaining (2nd and 3rd place) Either way, it's a shitty deal but there are plenty of car shows in the summer months to make up for it.