Minty Fresh 510

Tristin

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, it didn't help that the process included everyone drinking, installing/removing/reinstalling the transmission 4 times, switching between 3 different torque converters, switching between 2 different flex plates, modifying a flex plate by drilling 4 holes by hand, stopping for dinner, installing the trans/block and then removing it and then reinstalling it.

And although we had 5 people in the garage, there seemed to be only 2 people working at a time.

It was quite the night. But it's in and I'm working on the rest right now. Everything should go smoothly now.

Additional pictures to come.

• Like 1

No, I figured.

It was the quite night. I forgot to add that half the night JRock and Goldfish had to stop wrenching to try to sack-tap each other.

If we didn't run into the trans issue, we should have been done I bet. If we had the parts on hand, I was about ready to do a manual swap.

Yup.  Forget Auto trans.  That damn innovation has sucked all the fun out of driving.  I feel like a passenger when I'm at the wheel.  The next time that rear wheel turns, it will be because I let the clutch out.  Datsuns were once convenience vehicles, now there are very few Datsun owners that don't just love driving them.  This is why some of these transmissions are so hard to locate.  If anyone wants my BW auto three speed trans, hit me up.  It's sitting under my house right now.  

I'd love to see you put a 5 speed peppermint stick in the Mint.  

• Like 1

I'd love to see you put a 5 speed peppermint stick in the Mint.

With recent events it may happen. Maybe after winter sometime.., the silver lining for me would be that I'd get to purchase a wood grain center console for it now. Maybe even a cool shift knob B)

• Like 1

Still dont know how Tristin, who tightened 3 bolts all night and twerked most of the time, became the most dirty

I hink it was on one of his 15 minute journeys to charge his phone .... I went to pee the silver bullet out and seen him on his knees at the neighbors flower bed and rubbing dirt on his face...or wuz cuz we gave him all the shit jobs like that one tricky oil pan bolt...or the hey whch torque converter was it ....

oh and to be fair tylers only work was mentioning "so where we eating like 16 times..."   fucking eating with the gluton free super hero and aint no cheese on my sheet boy are fun...tyler seriously you did nothing but gloat about putting wilwoods on a 620 with a automatic.... talk about tragic....lol

• Like 3

No, I figured.

It was the quite night. I forgot to add that half the night JRock and Goldfish had to stop wrenching to try to sack-tap each other.

If we didn't run into the trans issue, we should have been done I bet. If we had the parts on hand, I was about ready to do a manual swap.

heres the time line ..... I arrived at 5.15 with entourage.... by 6 the motor and tranny was together for the first time..... (no buenon...tyler mentioned food twice during that time...)by 6 45 the tranny was back off and torque converter that appeared to be the right one was in and the tranny was back on the motor only to find out it was a similar issue with the first... (tyler started really bitching about tristin eating his candy and mentioned food 6 times )   by 745 we had it apart and ready to mod the second flexplate only to find out mr im hungry never bothered to charge his drill batts(tyler mentioned food another 6 times and debated pizza (no bueno)  Asian delight(no bueno)  and then decided on burgers to which tristins,  mr no cheese please ,   was getting this second burger made while we all joked around how cute tyler looks in his autotragic...)  so we ate....came back finished drilling and got the bitch together for the third time maybe fourth and stabbed that bitch in there by then it was 10.30 and I was out of beer ... tbh they were just fodder .. I spent most of the time throwing emptys at tyler for disappearing then coming back and saying "so where we eating..."  like I said it was fun we hung out and yeah we didn't get as far as we would liked but nothing ever goes as planned in datsunville.... its in there and ready for all the little stuff to be hooked up ....I got a shit tone of stuff to do so I might make some time to meet up with tristy and finish some things up since his good friend tyler is allergic to tools

honestly that was the easiest part of the night ........and the most rewarding ... good fucking burger ...... except for the part where goldfish(matt) spilled my fucking drink all over tristins roof.....like all of it ... I had to eat my burger and frys with a inch of soda....luckily frank let me straw his up and shared a sip or two ..... notebook style...poor tristin I couldn't even find water to rinse his roof off after that mess...... sorry bro I owe u a car wash ........

all this over some bag frys .....apparently bag frys are free game and need to be guarded if u should think there just yours cuz they fell out of your frys...

• Like 1

Still dont know how Tristin, who tightened 3 bolts all night and twerked most of the time, became the most dirty

Dude, He would just look at dirt and it would somehow be all over his face?? 

Yeah, it didn't help that the process included everyone drinking, installing/removing/reinstalling the transmission 4 times, switching between 3 different torque converters, switching between 2 different flex plates, modifying a flex plate by drilling 4 holes by hand, stopping for dinner, installing the trans/block and then removing it and then reinstalling it.

And although we had 5 people in the garage, there seemed to be only 2 people working at a time.

It was quite the night. But it's in and I'm working on the rest right now. Everything should go smoothly now.

Additional pictures to come.

Just because the 3 people that did the work drank doesnt mean it slowed anything down, I think it was the multiple cokes you drank and the handfulls of candy you ate while you "charged your phone" if you keep eating candy that way your gonna be diabetic by 30! :poke:

No, I figured.

It was one time that he sac taped me and I got him back and we reinstated the no sac tap truce we have

heres the time line ..... I arrived at 5.15 with entourage.... by 6 the motor and tranny was together for the first time..... (no buenon...tyler mentioned food twice during that time...)by 6 45 the tranny was back off and torque converter that appeared to be the right one was in and the tranny was back on the motor only to find out it was a similar issue with the first... (tyler started really bitching about tristin eating his candy and mentioned food 6 times )   by 745 we had it apart and ready to mod the second flexplate only to find out mr im hungry never bothered to charge his drill batts(tyler mentioned food another 6 times and debated pizza (no bueno)  Asian delight(no bueno)  and then decided on burgers to which tristins,  mr no cheese please ,   was getting this second burger made while we all joked around how cute tyler looks in his autotragic...)  so we ate....came back finished drilling and got the bitch together for the third time maybe fourth and stabbed that bitch in there by then it was 10.30 and I was out of beer ... tbh they were just fodder .. I spent most of the time throwing emptys at tyler for disappearing then coming back and saying "so where we eating..."  like I said it was fun we hung out and yeah we didn't get as far as we would liked but nothing ever goes as planned in datsunville.... its in there and ready for all the little stuff to be hooked up ....I got a shit tone of stuff to do so I might make some time to meet up with tristy and finish some things up since his good friend tyler is allergic to tools

you forgot the time we bolted the tranny to the motor and jacked it up and then trisitin said i dont think the flywheel is supposed to be that close and we ended up having to take it apart and slide the torque converter in further

you forgot the time we bolted the tranny to the motor and jacked it up and then trisitin said i dont think the flywheel is supposed to be that close and we ended up having to take it apart and slide the torque converter in further

See... Im good for something. 

More pictures:

Jacked up the car to bolt in the transmission crossmember. Had to do some maneuvering to get everything lined up and good

10550054726_2fd34478aa_c.jpg

Trans done and engine sitting right

10550097714_d5354a3be4_c.jpg

Mid Koyo install, valve cover on so shit doesnt get in the head, and started to prep for the manifold installs. Scrapped off the surfaces with a razor. Had a nut stuck on the exhaust manifold stud so I couldnt install any of the actual manifolds. Thinking about just buying a fresh set... I wonder if I can get them local anywhere.

10550096114_f91aa4a53b_c.jpg

Dont have a ton of shit to do, but seems like a lot of little things to finish it up. 

• Like 4