Tristin

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hot shit. the pic ratio to posts is now .001

Thanks man :rofl:

He may not have done much.  But I'm guessing even with all his reading, he hasn't done much actual motor swapping etc? (no offense).  In that case, it's fine if he more or less just watched.  You learn a lot, and gain confidence.  I watched the first time i saw a motor come out of my car, and tranny.  Been doing it on my own since. Some times easy, some times hard.

How much further you got to go on this?

Hot shit. the pic ratio to posts is now .001

Thanks man :rofl:

He may not have done much.  But I'm guessing even with all his reading, he hasn't done much actual motor swapping etc? (no offense).  In that case, it's fine if he more or less just watched.  You learn a lot, and gain confidence.  I watched the first time i saw a motor come out of my car, and tranny.  Been doing it on my own since. Some times easy, some times hard.

How much further you got to go on this?

Yep, first Datsun swap. Ive done plenty of 4G63 swaps out of DSMs/Evos, but first L-series. There are mos def a couple tricks specific to it to make sure everything goes in smooth. Next time will be way easier... plus the real problem we had was over part incompatibility. 

Manifolds need to be installed, trans cooler installed, everything wired up, and fluids. Nothing crazy... should all be downhill. Headed down tomorrow to knock it all out. 

Tristan I could of sent you my L20b gear.

Spacer, flywheel and bushing. I literally have it zip tied and hanging on my garage wall lol. My first L engine swap was the L and it went in real smooth and it was just me and pop haha, then again we didn't have beer in out systems. (wish we did, woulda kept screaming to a minimum)

Tristan I could of sent you my L20b gear.

Spacer, flywheel and bushing. I literally have it zip tied and hanging on my garage wall lol. My first L engine swap was the L and it went in real smooth and it was just me and pop haha, then again we didn't have beer in out systems. (wish we did, woulda kept screaming to a minimum)

Luckily Adam hooked me up with a gear. Although I had the right one, we still ran into another issue and its the only reason this has take so long. 

Im 100% confident that when the next swap happens in either this one or another vehicle, it will go a lot faster. 

Just give in. Sexy wood center piece, sexy shift knob, no more issues trying to swap the auto... Much moar bettar

Im talking to a connection about a center console now. If I can snag a nice one, Ill go five speed after the winter probably. 

• Like 1

God please let the breed die... I swear this stupid oldsmobile I am driving eats at my soul every time I drive to work. Its the first automatic I've had since I was 16 and learned to drive a manual.

Edit: However, the olds was given to me and gets me to and from work, so unti one of my datsuns is back on the road, I'm stuck like Mr Skinny Jeans :(

Its the first auto Ive owned since I was 16 as well. My first two cars were manual and for the third it went to automatic... then something like the next 8 cars were all manual until this one. The ad didnt say it was an auto so after the trip all the way to pick it, I liked it enough to not worry about it immediately. 

With the point of this build, the auto doesnt ruin anything. I dont want to go fast and only need to go from A to B in style. Im never in a rush and with it being a daily I have no issues with the stop and go traffic. Im just always on cruise mode. My girlfriend cant drive stick as well as many others... so in case Im incapacitated in any way, I dont have to worry about somone not knowing how to drive my car or just grinding gears the whole way.

If I were trying to build anything for speed and quickness, the auto would be the first thing to go. Im positive any future Datsuns will be manual or quickly changed after purchase. 

Talk to my main parts guy and he has a console. He needs to dig it out and then he will shoot me a couple pictures.