Minty Fresh 510

Tristin

Eh, its just personal preference for me. Autos make me lazy when I drive and I either get distracted or sleepy. Manuals give me something else to focus on so other than highway driving, they keep me more alert. Guess thats what happens when you grow up with an OTR trucker. Sleeping in the cab while grandpa was driving was a very bad idea :P

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So we have to do this again.....but have a pedal box and center console to add......better get ready for a few months of minty being in my garage......

It doesn't have to the the whole pedal box, just the clutch pedal, brake, pedal.  That should cut the time down by say, one month...?

Automatics aren't that bad.  There is a place for them.

It doesn't have to the the whole pedal box, just the clutch pedal, brake, pedal.  That should cut the time down by say, one month...?  Automatics aren't that bad.  There is a place for them.

As long as the pedal box in the automatic car has the bracket for the clutch return spring to hook to. The car I have that was swapped to a manual didn't. I just sawzalled that bracket piece out of a parts car (the '69 wagon you got the coat hook thing from) and I'm gonna weld it in.

• Like 1

Well when you look at it, it will be a flat metal piece bent toward the driver door and then straight again from the clutch side of the pedal box with a notch cut in the end of it. It may or may not have a plastic piece (picture small macaroni noodle) in the notch. With the fab skills of the yoyos around you they should be able to handle installing one.

So this happened...

10597861633_53b1b9a3ba_c.jpg

JK it was just mocked up... those are Tylers :(

Here is how it sits right now. Koyo hard mounted, non-smog manifold on, Offenhauser intake with 32/36 on. Relocated the coil to clean it up a bit. Still need to do a bit more rerouting. Still need some detail bolts and such. 

Still working... 

10597614116_190ff03628_c.jpg

Thanks to Hooligan for hooking me up with a set of manifold studs

10597603645_c3d1278e41_c.jpg

• Like 2

Here is how it sits right now. Koyo hard mounted, non-smog manifold on, Offenhauser intake with 32/36 on. Relocated the coil to clean it up a bit. Still need to do a bit more rerouting. Still need some detail bolts and such. 

Still working... 

10597614116_190ff03628_c.jpg

You may aslo want to mount your alternator... Just sayin.