Minty Fresh 510

Tristin

Only having one car to drive is a real pain. i feel your frustration.  That was holding me back on a lot of work for the B210...

Got my truck back and running in less than 24 hours. Time to swap insurance to the truck and swap motors, brakes etc on the B.

Eventually Ill pick up a second vehicle. I have the cash now, but the right one just hasnt fallen in my lap yet. Once that happens larger projects can happen and I wont run into this issue anymore. 

I knew something like this couple happen, but just didnt think it would be like three weeks. Oh well, live and learn. Just means I need another Datsun in my life no matter what the girlfriend says. 

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If Im going to buy a 521, I have my eye on a certain one. Just playing the waiting game... Id like for it to stay with the current owner, but life happens. So if that goes that way, I want to be able to give it a good home. Decent condition, good price, color I want, and helping out a friend. B)

Until then Ill just keep plugging along and hope I can get the Dime going. Friday is the day Im told so we shall see. I think with all the people in the garage, one of us can get it going haha. 

Best luck on the L20B swap Tristin (and friends).

Watch out for the exhaust studs .. I use a little anti-seize ... on all parts of the exhaust almost lol ...

I personally like to chase the threads (if there is time that is.. we all know how that goes).

Front and rear (cylinders #1 and #6) exhaust studs "tend" to snap on the L24 , L26 , L28e , L28ET ... all the time .. :lol:  ( steady hand ,,, right hand drill bits ,,, and left hand drill bits will extract it ... light pressure ... ever so light if you run into that problem ).

Dump some "Iso-heet" in your gas tank since it's been sitting 3-weeks :thumbup: burn out the moisture.

Having your flex-plate stolen really boggled my mind ... still does ... of all the parts to get boosted :confused:

521's are good lookers man.

Head up !

Having your flex-plate stolen really boggled my mind ... still does ... of all the parts to get boosted :confused:

It was left outside and was made of metal... so we think someone tried to scrap it. 

Time for some Captain Crunch and watch Leverage. More updates to come this weekend. Thanks for the tips DTP. 

Best luck on the L20B swap Tristin (and friends).

Watch out for the exhaust studs .. I use a little anti-seize ... on all parts of the exhaust almost lol ...

I personally like to chase the threads (if there is time that is.. we all know how that goes).

Front and rear (cylinders #1 and #6) exhaust studs "tend" to snap on the L24 , L26 , L28e , L28ET ... all the time .. :lol:  ( steady hand ,,, right hand drill bits ,,, and left hand drill bits will extract it ... light pressure ... ever so light if you run into that problem ).

Dump some "Iso-heet" in your gas tank since it's been sitting 3-weeks :thumbup: burn out the moisture.

521's are good lookers man.

Head up !

where was this info when I was breaking ex studs off.......lol....... I hope it goes smooth .......definitely gonna operate quickly and slowly as to make sure we get tristin up and running asap.....I got a conformation that the red truck is going to the fest now so I need to make sure the minty makes it too .....all this while my truck sits .....fucking air shocks are coming from constanopolis or maybe star beta 7 so im waiting anyway ....it will be fun to have a ratsun meet im trying to get izzo to make a trip but I think I gotta go pick him up to bring him......lol

we all should feel lucky we all live so close ... theres a lot of ratsuners that couldn't pull a group together like this ....im glad to be in the pnw and apart of ratsun and nwd....

• Like 3

Hmmmm... Beer and getting work done... Sounds counter productive. :frantics:   BUT, maybe you should make a rule that he can't have a drink until he finishes X-amount of work. Then he has to finish another X-amount of work before he can have another drink.... yeah?

• Like 1

oh tristin???? ... he's shop foreman so he will be drinking before we even get there...

u better show up dom ...... or im punching tyler in the nutz

Wow wait a minute here, how is it that Dom who lives near tristin, if doesn't show gets me punched it the nutz, oh well I guess I'll just have to pass it on

slap tap nut sack... that's whats going on...

and yes tristin is doing all the work I already packed my lawn chair and extend laser pointer...plus the kids like creeper skinny so we can just grab him by the ankles and slide him under the car for the under side bolts....

• Like 2