Form > Function S30

• Replies 780
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yuta posted his Z for sale.  Everybody probably thinks it's the same car.

And cut a Katy Perry sticker for me too.

I noticed that yesterday. Kinda sucks, cause he's the guy that got soooo many people into s30's. But everyone loses interest in their projects at one point or another. This guy last night offered me $5k cash on the spot for it, which was kinda weird. People stopped throwing out numbers back when it started looking ratty.

so the pic you posted in the post ass thread was your girlfriend? you lucky bastard 

i really like the snow flakes on the s13 they look fucking awesome

Yes I am. And I do too, for a factoryish wheel they're so much better than the stock wheels. And the offset is much better too. 

Finally made an intake tube and put a filter on. Since I swapped to a KA throttle body and did a cable conversion, my AFM has just kinda been dangling off the throttle body with no intake piping or filter. Ive been running that way for a couple of months, probably not the best idea. I got some couplers and cut up some intercooler piping though and it turned out pretty nice.

AF5E62CB-6AFC-458F-BAD4-569AE7D8DA66-520

Also put the original hood back on. Crazy what a difference it makes. Also put on all the vinyls I've been storing, including the windsheild banner for the garage me and my roommate are starting.

00FAA6F1-4889-4FE2-BA28-E9DDF997C31D-520

I really want the set of Hayashis in the for sale section right now, but I'm broke :( I can't wait to get rid of the Diamonds for some legit wheels, but I have to get it more reliable first and get the drift car running right for this season ASAP.

Question: That front air dam, did you have to make *any* sort of modification to it in order to put it on the car? I'm on the fence about either getting one exactly like yours or getting a 240-260z one, get some appropiate turn signals and mocking something up.. in case the earlier turn signals aren't pnp.

The banner translates to Shakotan Garage. We're doing mostly work on drift cars and anything slammed. If it involves stretching, shaving, tucking, all that jazz, we're into it. I'm also about to get a new welder setup and start doing more fab work. 

No, I didn't have a problem with my air dam. It pretty much just bolted up.

• 3 weeks later...

Just got a 60% raise and a promotion at work, so there should be some progress soon. My Techno Toy Tuning control arms are on the way as well! About to just buy remanufactured Toyota calipers and s130 calipers for the rear.

Anyone know off the top of their head what thickness the rotor spacer is to use vented z31 calipers up front? I want to say it's 3/8" but I can't recall

• Like 1

Bought an iPhone suction cup mount today since I don't feel like dropping money on a GoPro right now. We're supposed to get snow tomorrow and it's possibly going to be the last bit we have this season. Sooooo I'm going to try and get a little video of some snow drifting tomorrow after I get off work. Here's a little camera test if anyone wants to watch me drive around for two minutes.

Haven't touched the motor since I swapped it about a year and a half ago, and it's been getting really laggy lately, as well as missing more and more frequently. So this afternoon I did the valve cover gasket, oil change, plugs, set the timing and fuel pressure, and it feels like a brand new motor now. Actually pulls all the way to redline.

• Like 1

Long hair ftw lol 
I have been looking for cheap go pro solutions. I had a go pro on my z for the last fun run and was really disappointed with the sound quality. I was thinking of a lipstick cam and sep mic with a tablet controller or something. 

Long hair ftw lol 

I have been looking for cheap go pro solutions. I had a go pro on my z for the last fun run and was really disappointed with the sound quality. I was thinking of a lipstick cam and sep mic with a tablet controller or something. 

I used to do some contract work with Contour... check out their line of cameras. 

I ran into some of their lipstick cams but they seemed pretty pricey. Seems like quality cams though. 

Idealy Id like the sum of the parts not including the tablet I already have to be less then a go pro or it makes more sense to use a go pro and sep mic time synced no? For what its worth the go pro takes pretty decent vid imo.