Form > Function S30

Yeah, mine will be mostly street use. Any track use, would be on an autocross course. Interested to see, first hand, how they perform when pushed a little.

Thanks for the extra info! I keep finding more and more to read up on, hanging out on Ratsun!

Sorry for the thread jack..

• Replies 780
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya sorry to burst your bubble, better to find out now though right? lol 

The last I checked those calipers through rock auto were like 30 bucks each. Already having the rotors and spacers I think its worth 60 bucks to go vented. If your budget is that tight though the solid rotors do work really well on the street. 

Bored, haven't been able to do shit to this yet because I've been spending all my money on parts for this and the FC. The motor is currently out of the FC, getting a new oil pan, power steering, knuckles, more front camber and new ball joints/tie rod ends. Sexy Style rep aero is also on the way, since I'm not baller enough for real SS from Japan.

Im still looking for a pair of 4" non stepped 17" lips, so I can have my Enkeis widened. Anyone have a hookup around here?

A guy is supposed to be buying my s13 on Monday as well, so maybe I'll be able to buy coils for the s30, finish up the FC and start sliding again.

I was just getting breakfast and ran into this cool old guy who first asked me what the hell kind of hoopdee is that, and after I told him he asked if it would run, and asked if it would stir the cops up or not. Then he proceeded to tell me about how he was the second American soldier that set foot in Japan in WWII. Pretty cool old dude, he rambled but had some cool stories.

Random iPhone pic

44EC3CD3-58E6-40BD-BE3D-22A0A9754A97-514

Also, anyone else planning on going to Formula D at Texas Motor Speedway Sept. 13-14th? My suspension should be done by then, I think it'll be my first road trip in the s30.

Sold the s13 on Tuesday! Got what I wanted for it, surprisingly.

Soooo I've been ordering parts for the FC, trying to source rear brakes for the s30 and ordering the rest of the Energy Suspension bushings I need tomorrow.

And I've been talking to Parts Shop Max the last couple days about building me a custom set of coils ; ) we're still working on details, but even if they can't build them I'm going to run their coils regardless. Love them on my FC and every other car I've had them on, and they're pretty cool guys here at the US shop. It was down between PBM and 326 Power, but Jin at 326 is still pretty limited as to what she can get over here from Japan.

Might just end up running the stock rotors on my front brakes, but I haven't made up my mind yet. I also need to order fender mirrors and find an LSD, but that might not happen for a while.

Either way I'm super excited about the way things are looking! Should be updates soon.

CAE904DE-9D53-4C43-80B7-12062355BEC4-159

These will go low as fuck. The front shocks are shorter than Integra ones.

EAB8AECB-88DD-4B04-9167-01F6292F9E34-159

A954A8C5-C380-4340-8A3E-946B3E0D810E-159

And they already have pillowballs integrated into all four corners, 8k/10k spring rates, intense valving, they're beefy as fuck, and they're gold.

Next step is to get sleeves and strut tower tops machined, then it'll be time for a trip to the tig welder.

• Like 2

Those look rad! Did you end up going with the z32 set up?

PBM is local to me and can vouch for their awesomeness. They helped me out with my current coilover set up way back when no was doing it. 

Just wondering, why you didn't get the lower sleeves/mounts they offer for their AE86 coilovers that require welding instead of machining your own? 

Bought a bike for a summer daily/fun vehicle while I rebuild the suspension on the s30.

5AF33AE5-20D2-46D4-BE22-092BEEE07493-926

Needs tires, and the tags brought up to date but it runs and drives GREAT and I got a good deal on it. First thing I'll do is paint it and put a solo seat on it so it looks like this

E2F64C9C-527D-4710-85A3-590CD015BB0A-926

Couple random s30 pics:

1FD45028-1338-4604-B0B0-94B50785B000-926

08598AAF-C4A3-47D1-96BE-8306049C124A-926

• Like 3