Form > Function S30

The two I got were brand-new for a refurb they were doing on one of the lines (probably because everyone was steeling the handles lol)

They have been making the transition to all vinyl as they say theyre more resistant to bacteria and easier to clean; the woven keeps dirt easier.

Oh I see lol, they were referbing with handles they are transitioning out. Makes perfect sense..... :poop:

W/e though I still say it doesnt matter, just rock w/e. People here obviously dont know the dif anyway.

• Replies 780
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol I have no idea. Im not going to argue. I just know who I got them from...

I coulnt not care less.

damn man...... lol

Comic you dont need a new welder you need to develop technique. Take the advice given and slow down, you need to create a puddle and push or pull it around. Looks like your going way too fast and not building up a puddle as well as not creating enough heat to penetrate properly.

This is a $70 110v HF flux core welder using good wire on my porch.

IMG_20120525_184202.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks! Tristan, hit me up via PM for pricing and shipping stuff.

Thanks man, I've actually been working on my technique and I think I'm getting better. Regardless, I'm about to go with a new coilover setup and it's all going to be tigged. Just waiting for the FC to be running so I'll have something to drive while the S30 is taken apart.

Nothing groundbreaking, but I finally ripped out my interior to run my sound equipment properly. Up until now I've had a cd deck with two blown 6x9's, picked up new Pioneer 6x9's and a pair of Kicker 4"s to go in the stock locations in the B pillars.

Also building a panel to fit the 6x9's inside boxes in the very rear, similar to MSA's.

Never had the B pillar speakers wired up, sounds awesome!

Being a musician, hearing all the parts of music is important to me, so this makes a huge difference.

6C01E077-DD7F-431B-9305-0FB1AE36C4D6-2001-000003131E871D8F.jpg

DE32F50A-B9AC-4EDE-A134-6D025424740F-2001-000003138B2E1EED.jpg

Amazing what a difference these little guys make right there by your head!

369300B0-A01C-4A32-BF6D-FCB8357056C6-2001-000003148DC2B632.jpg

Thinking about getting an 8" sub and building a hidden box in the cavity behind the seats. I haven't had subs since I had two 12" Kickers back in high school haha, but I'd enjoy some bass. Nothing crazy though.

I'll keep the interior upgrades coming!

Finally getting rear disc brackets! I've been looking for the Maxima caliper brackets forever and haven't had any luck, picking up a set friday for $70. Figure that's a pretty good deal, since they're $70 apiece through Nissan. Just gotta pick up some ZX rotors and s13 calipers at the salvage yard and I'll be good. I can have the shop in town make me a set of stainless steel braided lines for pretty cheap, so I should have the whole rear disc swap for about $120.

Gonna need a bigger master cylinder now, thought about using the ZX 15/16" MC but I might just drop the money on a Wilwood 1", since I'll be doing bigger calipers up front too.

I'm super excited, haven't been able to find a set of caliper brackets for so long!

• 2 months later...

I'm ashamed to say it, but I've been too busy to work on this that much lately. I finally got around to installing a Koyo s13 SR radiator, cool fucking awesome, and with a 160* thermostat, it doesn't get over 130 on the highway with the heater going. I'm about to switch to an electric fan an cover up some of the radiator with cardboard so it'll run hotter. It's running so cool my heater barely blows warmish air.

Snagged a 620 shifter at the salvage yard a couple days ago, thinking about chopping it down for a 'short throw'. Or possibly just leaving it at the height it is. Idk. My roommates Silvia is in the garage right now and it's too cold to work outside.

On the downside, the FC just started knocking (I think) and that was going to be my daily while I rebuilt the suspension on the S30, but it looks like it may not happen. Either way, just trying to save money for suspension right now.

I find the yodas lock up in the front way too quickly. They really need to be pared with a super strong rear set. People run prop valves wide open and the problem still exists. I'm going to get hawk pads for the rear next season so they grip more and hopefully help the balance out.

Some people have actually gome back to stock fronts with great pads and reported better braking then with the yodas

There are guys selling spacers for the s12-8's that allow for a vented rotor as well.

78C0CFA4-E5DD-4231-B4C6-A5750F148B6A-3551-00000367324D1D3E.jpg

958343B1-FA0C-44A3-9E7C-5C3E35046994-3551-000003676758BA32.jpg

941976D8-C45E-4840-B59D-0C1351A0443B-3551-00000367DBB75E28.jpg

Did some random work to it today, took the wing off to rework the hatch lid and the paint is kinda fucked up. I'm still undecided on whether I'm gonna put it back on or not, thinking about changing up the look a little bit. Fixed some random things, all I've really been doing is driving this since my last post. About to go through it and do some more restorative work, I'll keep this posted.

Still need discs for the back too, I've got the brackets for the early ZX rear discs but I haven't gotten calipers or rotors or lines yet.

Fuuuuuck me I don't want to sell my wing but I might. I need monies for new coils and stuff. Honestly I don't even like it very much but the fact that I've never seen another one makes me want to keep it. However, if somebody felt compelled to give me a BRE style wing and some cash, I might just have to give it up. :/

So my brake light came on the other day and I figured it was just crappy wiring. And then the next day my brakes stopped working so I had to drive slow and use the e brake the whole way home. Brake fluid reservoirs were fucking EMPTY so I had to fill em and bleed all four corners. Fortunately I bought a vacuum bleeder a few months ago so it wasn't that hard. I didn't see any leaks anywhere though, idk why they were empty.

Put my truck shifter in, gonna have to cut it down. Anyone have reccomendations for how to re-thread it? It did shorten the throw quite a bit surprisingly.