At last, we found it!

My girl and I have been searching for the past 2 years for "her wagon". Many have come and presented themselves to her, but were not the right ones. Finally, we found one and after she'd saved up enough, we went and got it. It's exactly what she wanted; a solid, rust-free, complete, GREEN 510 wagon. The engine is numbers matching, and the only drawback is that it's an automatic. She's ok with that for the time being, but she's wanting to convert it, eventually.

Photo2106.jpg

I'm so proud of her. She jumped right in and started pulling plugs and checking the electrical systems.

Photo2105.jpg

That's my girl :) The car hasn't been run in about a decade, so we put some MMO into the cylinders and let it sit. The lights all work, with exception of the burned out front left blinker. Windshield wiper motor needs to be examined, and the dash lights are going to be investigated. She picked a good one; it's solid and shouldn't take much.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the red 4 door in the first pic for sale?

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/37870-68-4-door/

Where did it come from ? and how did you find it if it hasn`t been run in ten years?

Came from Central Oregon. Tags are from 02'. May have been run since then, but no way to be sure. Was owned by an old lady, then sold to the guy we bought it from. He owned it for a year or two, but never ran it.

Guest kamakazi620

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/37870-68-4-door/

Came from Central Oregon. Tags are from 02'. May have been run since then, but no way to be sure. Was owned by an old lady, then sold to the guy we bought it from. He owned it for a year or two, but never ran it.

Congrats!!!!!!!! i Always love to see YOUR g/f!!!!!!!!!! i wish mine loved datsuns,But Hey shes stuck on american classics at least.Last week she took me to the Slant Six car club meet,All the old fucks asked what i drove and when i said a Datsun Proudly They all said We like datsuns those are cool,I was amazed..........

Guest kamakazi620

Nice. She likes the American classics more, too. She's pretty picky when it comes to Datsuns, which is why it took so long to find "the one".

It just Does "Life" happens,I let the cars Come to mee!! like my rust free waggo $200 bones and a running rebuilt L20/5 speed(long gone sold it to pay for KA)

Congrats!!!!!!!! i Always love to see YOUR g/f!!!!!!!!!! i wish mine loved datsuns,But Hey shes stuck on american classics at least.Last week she took me to the Slant Six car club meet,All the old fucks asked what i drove and when i said a Datsun Proudly They all said We like datsuns those are cool,I was amazed..........

slant sixes are awesome. i'm workin on one later this week and next week. most people i know that like and work on slant sixes are prettty cool about other cars since thay dont have a stick up their ass about owning a V8.

me likey!

It seems a large percentage of goons are automatics.

I don't think there were that many compared to standards. Don't forget this is an almost 40 year old survivor and one of the contributing factors is, that it's an automatic. Standards are ok, but this is perfect for a second hand car that the wify can drive. Also it's very hard to drive the shit out of an automatic. Not too much to go wrong with them. They just go and go and... All the 4 speeds have been used up leaving........... the autos.

Nice find! Nothing wrong with an automatic. Drive it for a while and change it out later. I drove my green fuel injected L-16 2 door for 8 years as an automatic. Did 120 mph in it on many occasion. Later, after the auto gave up the ghost, I swapped it for a 5 speed. It was a column shift. Loved it.

Nice find! Nothing wrong with an automatic. Drive it for a while and change it out later. I drove my green fuel injected L-16 2 door for 8 years as an automatic. Did 120 mph in it on many occasion. Later, after the auto gave up the ghost, I swapped it for a 5 speed. It was a column shift. Loved it.

when did you fix the speedometer so it didn't read 50 over actual speed?

:rofl: I keed, I keed

hey micro i tried to send you a pm but it said you can't receive anymore pm's. what gives? anyway what is the vehicle behind your green 510 wagon? i can only see a right headlight/fender combo. it is in #1 pic of your "at last, we found it" topic. nice to see your G/F is into datsuns, i wish my wife would be interested in cars as much as i am. she does want a z- car 240/260/280. but trying to find 1 that is an automatic and doesn't cost me an arm/leg/left nut and needs no extreme work on it is hard to find.