At last, we found it!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Since the wagon has been all taken apart(the PO was preparing to paint it, before losing interest), we have a car full of parts. We started going through them, and Jordan wanted to start cleaning the door cards. We brought em home and she washed them off with water. They were pretty dusty.

Photo2113-1.jpg

Next, she laid them out and treated them with some Mother's brand Protectant, to moisturize and bring em back.

Photo2115-1.jpg

Very nice.

Photo2114-1.jpg

Photo2117-1.jpg

Atta girl :)

We let em sit for a few days, and are gonna head out there in a few to put em on.

• 2 weeks later...

FWIW, buy some McGuiars natural shine protectant and lay it on super thick, and let it sit for awhile. Buff off when it dries up a bit, reapply some more.

I managed to take a completely gray 510 dash, and turn it black again when all other methods failed. It's been an even black for years now. Smells decent, too - and doesn't wear out.

The natural shine doesn't leave a super high gloss (which is preferable in my opinion since it doesn't collect as much dust) - but leaves everything as close to the original color as you'll get it.

I consider it the Back-to-Black of McGuiar's interior shtuffs.

Nice goon!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Alright.. so this thread has sunk to the depths, as we've been waiting on a title that has been an all out hassle to get our hands on. J hasn't wanted to touch the wagon, for fear that it would be taken away from her, or never actually be technically hers... and rightfully so. So for the past 8 months or so, it's been in limbo.

Fast forward to present day: We just got word that the title's in the mail, and it should be in her hot little hands in a day or so.

Yeshhhh...

Iv put L16's to 7k . 6,400 is no problem.

Yeah, I crank my L16 up to a little over 7,000 RPM's for about 6-8 miles every Saturday night at the local dirt track and I've yet to break a motor and I've been doing for 3 years.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Alright a little bit of catch up, here. Probably around August, we FINALLY got the title in the mail, and it was on. Immediately we went out and got everything we would need to tune her up and get her on the road. We knew she would run, now to freshen her up. Since this was going to be J's car, I wanted to make sure she knew what went where in case I was ever not around to do it for her.

Photo2601.jpg

Here she is gettin' dirty, changing out the old gnarly plugs for new ones. We did the wires, cap, and rotor at the same time. Air and fuel filters, too.

Photo2602.jpg

Yes ma'am. We had already changed the oil and filter first thing, so that wasn't on the list anymore.

The next big issue was a problem we had with the fuel fill tube. It seemed as though the one in her wagon was cut short for some reason.. the plastic tube just would NOT reach the metal fill. Some of the pics are kinda blurry.. not sure why.

Photo2559.jpg

Photo2554.jpg

Being hard plastic and not soft rubber, it was impossible to stretch it onto the metal tube. I had contemplated pulling the fill spout out and welding a section of exhaust pipe on to make it longer.. why would someone cut this short? ... after doing some more looking, I saw this..

Photo2605.jpg

Seemed like kind of an odd feature, but then I realized what it was for; this was where the extra length of the tube was compensated for. For some reason, probably the warm days and cold nights in the desert, the hose and contracted and eventually shrunken to the point that it slid and removed itself from the fill spout! On a hunch, we put some heat to it..

Photo2604.jpg

Wouldn't you know it? It started to soften and stretch! We clamped the hose onto the spout and while from the inside of the wagon, J kept the heat on. From the outside, I kept constant, firm upward pressure on the spout. The donut stretched and we were in business.

Photo2609.jpg

Photo2610.jpg

The PO that disassembled it was good enough to DO IT RIGHT, and label everything that he removed.

Photo2606.jpg

Thanks mang!

There was no choke cable, so with the manual choke, we were having to hold the choke closed with a rubber band and move it open with our hands as the engine warmed up. That got old REALLY quickly, so as soon as we were able, a cable was obtained and routed. MUUUUUCH better..

Photo2603.jpg

We could now start and warm up the car from the driver's seat B)

Will this one also be at canby?!?!

She'd like to cruise it in for at least one afternoon.

Nice goon! You have all the cool toys

Thanks man, but this one's all her :)

nice goon man....love the color and cool chick to to be so down to work on the d's :thumbup:

Yeah, she's awesome! :D