My 77 KC 620

Farmer Joe

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ive though about a front topmount. so that the compressor housing peeks out the hood a bit? yanno

fernando has a 20g sittin around, so its always a possibility.. its already pretty fast just NA, even with 255-260K on the engine.. hahahaha

i just wanna get a set of rings and bearings in it, and do some head work and see what we have after that. 

oh, i did figure out the back passenger tire was rubbing on the fuel filler deal thats in the back fender.. smashed it out of the way and rolled the fender a bit more while fernando was sitting in it.

now i can actually get on it with a passenger in it. 

more to come.. 

• Like 1

How did you get the inner fender wells out? Cut? Or unbolt?

Looks like he cut them.

So you think you would have enough room to fit a top mount turbo with the stock steering shaft?

Reason I ask is I want to do a KA-T down the road into my truck, been toying around with a lot of ideas and it looks like cutting the fender wells opened up a lot of room, or it is just an illusion  :lol:

EDIT: Also how are you liking the brakes?  That ford cylinder freed up a ton of room.  So no booster?  Looks like it was electronic?

the brakes are awesome. 

ive never drove a 510 that had the stock non booster option, so i cant compare to that... but they do what theyre supposed to. 

with the wide tires and how stripped out it is, stopping distances are really short, and no locking up either. just stopping lol... 

the master just had one of those dummy light deals in it for when the fluid was low. i just snipped it and left the deal inside the reservoir.

What ford vehicle did it come out of?  Do you know the size of the master?

Nice, no locking up is a good thing as long as your getting good pressure to stop fast.  

Your truck has so much winning going on!  I would love to see it in person one day.

oh yeah im going to canby. im getting everything at work worked out so i can go. should be getting there saturday if shit goes right... 

the master was from a 95 explorer. its a 1 inch bore and used the same 3/16 line as the datsun, so i said fuck it.. 

im thinkin about getting a set of dual piston calipers later on to see if they give it any better pedal feel. 

honestly, i think if i just put new pads in the front and new shoes and wheel cylinders in the back itll be spot on.. 

im noticing some stuff thats working loose after getting it together, so this weekend ill spend bit going over everything.. 

• Like 1

Your truck has so much winning going on!  I would love to see it in person one day.

All you have to do is make it to Canby with us...............

.................roll straight up 5 and meet up the crew in Redding........then you're golden!!

Cause even if you break down.........between Randy, James, the parts they bring, and the tools everyone stashes in their dime........

...................we could put an entire car together.

• Like 1

photo dump, kinda.... lol

CAM002682_zpsgzh1tplg.jpg

CAM002672_zpswd3qdc94.jpg

CAM002612_zpsmktoqvga.jpg

went over all the bolts on the frontend, so i had to go for a drive... lol

i also tuned the carb from scratch again.. runs pretty well now, noticeably different. i havent messed with it since last year when i got it running for canby.

another few..

datsun land!!

CAM00258_zpsi5ujspdk.jpg

CAM00255_zpsf69odl1p.jpg

and i got another shot of the engine bay thats more straight on. i have a ton of room for pretty much anything. we'll see how it turns out later on...

CAM00249_zpssjtkcm2x.jpg

more to come... 

• Like 4

took the truck to the 1/4 mile track last night.. they had the track open at night. went from 7 to midnight. 

got 5 runs in too. not bad. 

its the first time ive had the datsun on any track. passed tech with no issues.. went from tech, right to staging lanes. pulled the fastest time the first run.. got slower and slower after that... 

20140525_143956_zps8rugm3te.jpg

my reaction times werent bad for not racing in 9 years... my number is 572. 

it was slower than i though it would be too... 

heres the pics from the rest of the night...

20140524_230217_zpstcrmtlna.jpg

20140524_230130_zpsxflk5fdh.jpg

20140524_230119_zpsp2s2xmv2.jpg

20140524_222932_zpstjpdyyqz.jpg

20140524_222858_zpsdjyzvsw3.jpg

20140524_213546_zpshhaa5ibw.jpg

should have a few videos here soon too.. 

more to come.. 
  • Like 3