Living in a van in maui

Well I'm back on ratsun but all out of dato's. Sold off everything and moved to Maui now we are living in a van. It's not too bad but now I'm looking for a way to make some cash and get a better living situation.

First any Maui ratsuners? I couldn't seem to find anyone except a couple oahu guys.

Second anyone have any suggestions on what the next move should be? It's hard to get a job without a house but hard to get a house without a job. We saved up enough to float on for a few months but I don't want to be scraping the barrel dry ya know? Anyone have any similar experience or advice?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Read about Maui datsuns here in previous Ratsun topics:

Maui Style 720 Pickups

Maui

Yeah... Lol it's free an waking up to waves has been pretty chill. Showers are cold but the days hot so I'm pretty set on living here. I've seen a few 620s and 720s and one b210 hatch and was seeing who was out this way. Gas and everything food related it's costing less than $5 a day for both my girlfriend and I to live here. Haha it's pretty great but the lack of incoming funds has her worried and she wants to be able to afford to visit family. Aside from selling coke and prostitution what options are out there? Recycling is huge and it seems like NOBODY scraps metal. There is metal stuff EVERYWHERE Old dead cars and fridges etc line the roads upcountry I'm probably going to see what can be made scrapping but I'm seeing what real jobs could help get us a little more solid here.

Maui Datsun 620

Do you stay in your van at county beach parks?

Well I'm back on ratsun but all out of dato's. Sold off everything and moved to Maui now we are living in a van. It's not too bad but now I'm looking for a way to make some cash and get a better living situation.

First any Maui ratsuners? I couldn't seem to find anyone except a couple oahu guys.

Second anyone have any suggestions on what the next move should be? It's hard to get a job without a house but hard to get a house without a job. We saved up enough to float on for a few months but I don't want to be scraping the barrel dry ya know? Anyone have any similar experience or advice?

How much did you have saved up before you made this move? Did you move without a job? Who is we?

Join the military.

love maui- family has 2 rental condos in Kehei that my dad got when he and his wife ditched their house... dunno about how much work is there... move over to Paia, i'm sure some hippy shit job will fall out of the sky... pick wild mangoes, bananas and avacadoes and sell them to tourists like me.

saw a pair of 510's when i was there 2 years ago.

Merlin is that you in your avatar or just a found one???

Oh your on Maui .........

Yes.....That is Merlin....obviously with some idle time on his hands, cam and horned headgear... :lol:

Looks like the recent 'promotion' to town councillor has literally....gone to his head :pirate: .... :lol:

No Maui waui...local BC....if anything...

at all...:D

Yes that`s Merlin

No Maui waui...local BC....if anything

I knew there was something i liked about the guy..laugh.gif

The Maui thing was because i wrote Datto some shit and then realized he was in Maui not Oahu... unsure.gif

A buddy of mine did this a few years back, and asked me the same question. Having never actually trying to live there myself the only advice I could give him was to not stay until he was completely broke, because it's a long swim back to the mainland. He thanked me for that tidbit when he got back.

Were it me, I'd be trying to get a job with a dive charter, or in-water boat repair, ect. If you do dive, or at least snorkel, try to get out to Molokini crater whatever you do, it is unbelievable, especially in Feb-March when the whales are in...

Good luck man, I'm jealous.

What kind of skills do you have? I used to live there and havemany friends on the island.

I'm originally from maui myself. I got loads of friends there. Exactly what josh k said. What kinda skills you gots? You do construction? My lil bro is a foreman there. He lives in kahului and my mom is a project manager for a construction company herself on maui too. I use to live across the street from maui high and I know the island like the back of my hand. Hell if your into politics my good friend works directly with the mayor! I got friends in the hotels too. Hit me up and I'll see what I can do

• Like 1

I'm originally from maui myself. I got loads of friends there. Exactly what josh k said. What kinda skills you gots? You do construction? My lil bro is a foreman there. He lives in kahului and my mom is a project manager for a construction company herself on maui too. I use to live across the street from maui high and I know the island like the back of my hand. Hell if your into politics my good friend works directly with the mayor! I got friends in the hotels too. Hit me up and I'll see what I can do

Im about sixteen credits shy of my bachelors in engineering and environmental science and will have the degree by the end of spring. I have a little construction experience and a good design and build portfolio of some of the projects I've worked on. I do dive and any job in the ocean would kick ass I'm just trying to get set up. I scrounged up about 4k total but can realistically only spend about 2k. My girlfriend was crazy enough to join me and we are going to find a rental on the island in the next few days but I'm really trying to line up work. Wish they paid me to skate because I suck at music. I'll try to get pictures uploaded by wifi is scattered between Starbucks and mcfonalds. If anyone knows anything about a work lead I would really appreciate it. Thanks for the tip on not going dead broke too from whoever said it. that's an important one haha

If anyone has a contact info on people here I'll do about any job. And Paia is a dirty hippy shithole lol it's like a bunch of rich organic wannabes who drive BMWs and Audis but like to dress like they love trees haha.