What do you have for 510 side mirrors?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i think they are too far back. if you take the fender off you will notice on the frame rail a indentation. is designed to clear the spring on fender mirrors. mount yours based of that. or look online for measurements. then you can pull that one off.

factory mirrors always look best. but passeger side is hard to find because it was an option. you might get sticker shock on oem mirrors. cheap ass parts house mirrors are a joke. even those vitaloni garbage. only other mirrors that looks decent are off a bmw 2002. fuck 2002's

Personally I think GM sport mirrors and 1st gen RX-7 mirrors could look sweet on a 510. My sport mirrors on the fenders look bad (too big), but I think they'd look real good on the doors. Also, they're aluminum, so you could polish them to mirror and clear them, that might look sweet. The RX mirrors are part plastic, so they'd have to be black or body color.

DSCN1857.jpg

The angle on the RX mirrors might be too fucked up though:

3.jpg

Apparently the GM ones may be called C3 mirrors.

I have also always liked the old GM mirrors. There's something about the simple style and they were always painted the same as the color of the car and not chromed. (I like that) Getting a driver side remote control was easy, in fact finding a non remote is hard, but finding a pass side remote was very hard. Eventually I found one on a large Pontiac Safari wagon. I originally had them on my 620 but transferred them to my '74.

remotecontrolmirrors007Large.jpg

When my wife had the body/paint done I had them removed and filled and they will eventually be put on MY wagon. Whenever it gets painted they will match the car. Oh yeah the remote control for the pass side will fit the hole for the (most useless of things Nissan ever installed) dash light dimmer switch.

when asking for side mirror advice you should note that although there'll be plenty of people eager to show you how bad ass their fender mirrors look you'll have a tough time finding many people who feel like their fender mirrors actually work satisfactorily.

Indeed. The only reason I can see behind me is a five panel rally/wink mirror. Although I will say, the left fender mirror does show me the exact spot that is blocked by head in my 5 panel.

One of the many reasons I intend to go away from fender mirrors as soon as I can.

• 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 7 years later...

After market Roberk mirrors look like factory units.  They have an advantage over the factory units, when you adjust the mirror coverage the lock screw is on the back of the post, not under the whole mirror assembly.  They also fit the factory mount plate on the door.  Factory mirrors are usually round, not oval or squared off.

• Like 1