Ford Focus, not quite as "crash safe" as you thought.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldn't matter if you sat in the back. Kind of like when a tank runs over a bomb. The concussion blast scrambles everybody inside from the inside out. You look fine, but you're dead anyway. And 400 gs is way beyond human threshold. Brains are like ping pong balls inside the skull at that point.

And yes the host was way too dramatic. It does emphasize the dangers of going really stupid fast and hitting something though.

Wouldn't matter if you sat in the back. Kind of like when a tank runs over a bomb. The concussion blast scrambles everybody inside from the inside out. You look fine, but you're dead anyway. And 400 gs is way beyond human threshold. Brains are like ping pong balls inside the skull at that point.

And yes the host was way too dramatic. It does emphasize the dangers of going really stupid fast and hitting something though.

so true, you could be in a car made out of pure lead, coming to a stop that fast would crack your neck like a chicken

I'll bet any of you that if you pounded a Datsun (anything) into a concrete bridge abutment at 120 it would look three time better than that POS Ford Fuckass. You'd still be history but they were not built to absorb and would hold their shape better. Your family could still sell the rear two doors, rear window, trunk lid, axle and taillights/bumper.

I'll bet any of you that if you pounded a Datsun (anything) into a concrete bridge abutment at 120 it would look three time better than that POS Ford Fuckass. You'd still be history but they were not built to absorb and would hold their shape better. Your family could still sell the rear two doors, rear window, trunk lid, axle and taillights/bumper.

lmao, i could just imagine haggling with the cheap bastards on this site over the price of my kids coffin

The last three or four seconds of the Myth Busters video was too cool. Look at it again and watch the back of the car. The rocket sled travels 3/4 of the way through the car before the rear bumper even starts to move. HOLY SHIT that's fast.

Darn women drivers.

I love the complete irrelevence of your statement. +1

lmao, i could just imagine haggling with the cheap bastards on this site over the price of my kids coffin

Most likely be someone from Ratsun. "Ya, I know what happened... but come on, I do have to scrape little Suzy off the inside of the bumper... and that faint, distant screaming will never come all the way out of the metal."

I want my Datsun to go the speed of that rocket sled, AND still be able to slow down! No really, that would be awesome! :blink:

Portland to Seattle in about 20 minutes? Fuck yes.

can you say extream big brake upgrade

"My brakes are powered by a black hole, how about yours? Steel discs? Fucking barbarian."