Five guys burgers

Guest Rick-rat

I usually enjoy the shit out of a local burger place here in Atlanta called The Vortex. Pretty popular joint, a cult classic if you will. They have a coronary bypass burger that uses 2 grilled cheese sandwiches for a bun. Insanely delicious. On another note, i had a burger at steak n shake (a place i usually never eat at) that had a fried egg on it. Not bad for the price.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I grew up in a small logging town, a fried egg on a deluxe bacon cheeseburger was something I always thought was served everywhere. It was always called the Logger Burger everywhere around here. Fried egg is a taste that is just awesome on a burger.

Funny how this is an age old debate that pops up from time to time. I enjoy a cheeseburger, one of my most favorite things ever. I wish BK tasted as good as the char-smoke coming out of the restaurant. McDonalds 1$ cheeseburger is a good value and just quenches me when I need a quick burger. Jack in the box and Carls are on the same level of enjoyment as Mc Donalds for me, Although a Jumbo Jack with Cheese for $1.89 is a grerat value, comes deluxe and 2 slices of cheese, but I just don't enjoy the frozen to hot burger patty.

I enjoy In N Out on my trips to cali to visit family. Again, a good burger, lousy fries unless you drench them in shit. Not worth the wait for me, however cult followings will do strange things to people. Its still fast food. 5 guys is more expensive than most, but my few times there I have left less than impressed, and ended up with nasty stomach feelings afterwards.

For a consistently good, hot and juicy fast food double cheese burger, for my money Wendy's just can't be beat. Juicy, always well done and fresh toppings with a soft bun. The fries are decent too.

Surprising that Red Robin hasn't been brought up, since they are really a burger chain. Cant beat the Bonzai burger.........flame cooked beef, badass teriyaki sauce and a grilled pineapple ring. Bottomless fries to boot. Not exactly fastfood, but good.

The best burgers are scattered throughout this country in smaller private owned restaurants, and I could go on and on about those, but I wont.

All I can say, if you live in Spokane or Seattle area:

Eat at Dick's.

I've found that overhyped places usually don't live up to the hype.

Since I'm in the NW, we don't have In n Out to compare with. I haven't had In n out since probably 1998-1999. Of course I haven't been to California (let alone SoCal) since 2001. I was not highly impressed then, but it was a change of pace.

Carls Jr was always a "treat" when I went to Vancouver since we didn't have them up here in the Seattle/Tacoma Metro area until 2005 or so. They are better than everything else we have down in Tacoma. I'm not a Burger snob, I'll eat any of them. I avoid McDonalds as much as possible, but if I've been on the road, it's 2AM, and I haven't eaten in over 6 hours I'll go there. I also avoid Jack in the Box, though occasionally I go there and remind myself why. I don't like their fries. In Tacoma I'll usually either go to Frugals (it's a small chain, 3 locations?) which is basic cheap stuff, or Wendys, because they are both close. In Monroe I'll go to either Dairy Queen or BK because they are essentially on the way (Jack is closer, but I'm not a fan).

One place I like, when I'm passing through Centralia, is Burgerville USA. They have good tartar sauce.

I've never been in a 5 Guys Burgers. I only know of one, but if its $12 for a burger, fries, and a drink then no thank you. Red Robin isn't even that expensive (though it's close). It's the same reason I've never been in a Kidd Valley.

im wellington wimpy. burgers is my food of choice. and i hate all those wannabe gourmet trendy burgers. fiveguys is great.i love bacon!. well worth it. stop whining or are datsun owners cheap with food too? haha.

dennis red robin has them. or go to a bar that serves burgers and breakfast. and combine!

im wellington wimpy. burgers is my food of choice. and i hate all those wannabe gourmet trendy burgers. fiveguys is great.i love bacon!. well worth it. stop whining or are datsun owners cheap with food too? haha.

dennis red robin has them. or go to a bar that serves burgers and breakfast. and combine!

I was going to say we dont have Red Robins out here but I looked and sure as hell we do. They must have opened up out here recently. I had them a few times when I was up in Seattle visiting relatives but no egg burger.

Guest kamakazi620

Mike's

Drive in Hands down Beats them all!!! or your typical dive bar burger beats them as well,And whats this carls jr is expensive shiT???? i can eat at carls for 7-8 bucks at 5 guys i spend 12-13 and walk out hungry

Nothing like a bar burger. One of the best I had was at a bar called "Bob's Pier" (or more commonly called The Pier) on 11th and Alexander on the Tacoma Tideflats. Not "Mickey D's" cheap, but it was across the street from the Navy Reserve center so we just walked over for lunch. Of course I haven't been there since 2002. Lots of places I haven't been since 2002.

People want what they cannot have.

Thus, In-and-Out seems to valued higher to people in Oregon, where the closest In-and-Out is in Redding, Ca.

I do live close to a Five Guys. For slightly over $5.00, you can get a good burger, and water, and eat the free peanuts, no need for fries.

I like Jack-in-a-Box, if you are looking for something other than a burger.

Hungry at 2:00 am, Mcdonalds works. McD's also works if you want something off the dollar menu.

The best burger I had was a some local tavern, on the Island, on the west side of the Tacoma Narrows Bridge. I think the name was something like the Hi-Wa-He-He inn. I went to the South sound area, for a Scuba dive at Titlo beach? and during the time the tides were not favorable for diving, refill the tanks, go get lunch, pick up the filled tanks, and dive again, when the tides were slack.

The trick to the In-N=Out fries is to order them well done animal style. That takes care of the soggy limp feeling.

Every town has its own local burger joints that make killer burgers, here in San Diego we have Hodad's, Crazee Burger, Canada Burger and a couple more that escape me at the moment. Until we all try each other local burger joints, they really do not have a place in a discussion like this because we all agree that our stuff is the best!

As for me, I am a total Jack In The Box kid! McD's is good, Burger King is lame and Carl's is just annoying with their crazy ass menu!

Jumbo Jack with Cheese, Large Fries, Chocolate Shake and 2 orders of Tacos! To Go!!! :cool:

Guest Rick-rat

People want what they cannot have.

Thus, In-and-Out seems to valued higher to people in Oregon, where the closest In-and-Out is in Redding, Ca.

I do live close to a Five Guys. For slightly over $5.00, you can get a good burger, and water, and eat the free peanuts, no need for fries.

I like Jack-in-a-Box, if you are looking for something other than a burger.

Hungry at 2:00 am, Mcdonalds works. McD's also works if you want something off the dollar menu.

The best burger I had was a some local tavern, on the Island, on the west side of the Tacoma Narrows Bridge. I think the name was something like the Hi-Wa-He-He inn. I went to the South sound area, for a Scuba dive at Titlo beach? and during the time the tides were not favorable for diving, refill the tanks, go get lunch, pick up the filled tanks, and dive again, when the tides were slack.

Guest Rick-rat

You were at the Hi-Hu-Hee-Hee in gig harbor, and it is not an island,its a peninsula, you can't drive to a real island. They have very good burgers there as does The Floatation Device, another tavern about 3 miles from there in Purdy

Guest kamakazi620

another place i discovered today pilot butte drive in in bend oregon selling a cheese burger the size of clevland

22 dollar burger but the rest of the burgers are around 10

1122111608-00.jpg

18 oz of heart attack on a bun

WOW what a Whopper!!!!!!!!!! er i mean....................nevermind.Check THIS!!!!!! Sit through the add IT'S WORTH IT!!!!