"Datsunami" 510 SR23DET S14 Build.... SR-TITTY-THREE!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Go for it but remember I have the rights to it... lulz

I also have a super Hi res file and the original Photoshop file where I can

take the background out if I want to print stickers or shirts..... Andrey Hooked me up! 

Thats odd for an artist to do that... 

Its got his name on it ;) and the artist is a good friend of his

Exactly... the artist gave away the rights. Just because its his car doesnt mean he has the rights to it. Its because the artist gave him the rights to it. 

Thats odd for an artist to do that... 

He's a friend and super chill. Helps to know people in Beastly Places... LOL

And if you want to be super super anally accurate, Andrey does retain the right to use his image for any purpose he wants. 

But I also have exclusive rights as the commissioner of the piece to use it however I see fit also. Like Shirts, stickers, Posters, etc, etc, etc.  But I would never use his art in a negative manor anyways. 

I have no way to do this, was more of a suggestion,.  Maybe see if you can have crackerjack do a small run and see if there is interest? Maybe you guys can both make a few dollars off it. 

I know he is busy making a canby stash at the moment....

Just read the thread, this car is going to be sick!! My 240sx had a s14 sr20det in it and with a minor build, I was getting 400whp, and I was clocking in the high 10's with it, this build puts it to shame!! Hope to see it run soon!

And done. Just read through the entire thread. Amazing work. Only thing I'm missing is the pic of your sr23 coming from the clouds. Sadly that pic was broken :(

One of these days I'll have the ability to have dreams that may be half as awesome as this build. Till then, keep it ratsun (and mostly on jackstands...) :fu:

• Like 2

And done. Just read through the entire thread. Amazing work. Only thing I'm missing is the pic of your sr23 coming from the clouds. Sadly that pic was broken :(

One of these days I'll have the ability to have dreams that may be half as awesome as this build. Till then, keep it ratsun (and mostly on jackstands...) :fu:

It took me a couple days to get through this build. All I can say is...... AWESOME!!! :) :) :) Now finish this thing. ;)

Thanks guys, it's been over a year now since I started this motor build and it has felt extra long for me.

It's a love/hate thing with this car but once I get her running and some "smile miles" behind the wheel, i'll fall deeply in love again. Thanks for the support and interest. That def keeps me going!

BTW, I'll look into the broken picture ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Finally a little update. Got me a littler closer to getting this thing on the road.

I got around to installing my Z31 R200 finned diff cover. It was a total bitch but I managed to do it by myself. Got a chance to clean up a few things while I was under there too.

The differences:

2013-06-15152451_zps8cd31e59.jpg

The juice

2013-06-15115124_zps4f7c2ef3.jpg

Before

2013-06-15145739_zps86365866.jpg

Got the cover off and i'm loving that beefy ass ring gear!

2013-06-15150918_zps0cc670c8.jpg

Here is an after pics:

2013-06-15171524_zpscc42b4e5.jpg

2013-06-15171728_zps4a9edfe4.jpg

• Like 1