"Datsunami" 510 SR23DET S14 Build.... SR-TITTY-THREE!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Makes sense, I was on clubrsx til I sold my rsx haha. How is your heater core routed? I'm almost done with my swap just need little small trinkets and stuff put back on.

If your ever out at a local meet I'd let to check out your swap someday so I can finish mine haha.

No heater core.

I am in Nor Cal but intend on making it to JCCS this year....

^ Ahh bypassed it, lol I would like to use the heater. I have a extra subaru gas tank laying around, I want to cut it up and mate it on my 510 tank lol. Your car sets the bar too high which discourages me to finish my swap haha.

When you chop the shifter console to cut to clear just the circle portion of the transmission? Or the whole entire the square box lol. Sorry for all the questions, just want to do this swap right the first time.

^ Ahh bypassed it, lol I would like to use the heater. I have a extra subaru gas tank laying around, I want to cut it up and mate it on my 510 tank lol. Your car sets the bar too high which discourages me to finish my swap haha.

When you chop the shifter console to cut to clear just the circle portion of the transmission? Or the whole entire the square box lol. Sorry for all the questions, just want to do this swap right the first time.

My tunnel is clearanced allot more than it needed to be.

It really depends how far back your tranny finally sits but I would cut just enough to clear the whole square shifter plate.

It will probably suit higher than the tunnel anyways. Just take your time cutting. Make it clean and measure 3 times and then start cutting.....

And there are many levels to build to. All depends on what your end purpose is.

I dont really even know mine yet but it looks like it will be a clean ass driver

and then when I get sick of It, i'll beat on it. Hahaha

Have you started a build thread yet?

SR20DETdatsun510.... i feel like we're in sync with ideas about the fuel system LOL. I was looking at walbro/bosch/etc performance and realized that if you're running any kind of serious fuel pressure or looking for higher HP, then the walbro just doesn't cut it. I'm only running 18psi and i'm in the 60psi area under boost which drops the flow rate of the pump a ton. The bosh looks like it will hang on a lot longer in those pressures.

good choice :)

• Like 1
SR20DETdatsun510.... i feel like we're in sync with ideas about the fuel system LOL. I was looking at walbro/bosch/etc performance and realized that if you're running any kind of serious fuel pressure or looking for higher HP, then the walbro just doesn't cut it. I'm only running 18psi and i'm in the 60psi area under boost which drops the flow rate of the pump a ton. The bosh looks like it will hang on a lot longer in those pressures.

good choice :)

Thanks Bro. Every serious fuel system I have been researching that was utilizing actual affordable and available parts, were using the Bosch pumps which flow 300LPH.

And since there are now two pumps in my system (one 255LPH and one 300LPH), I don't think there will be any fuel delivery issues.

To be honest, I would have went with 2 Bosch pumps but I already had the Walbro and the 044 being around $170ea, fuck it, I'm using the Walnro too! LOL

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

It fell into the cracks  :blush: 

Actually I'm just waiting for time and money to come back to me.
I have the plans to resume building in a couple of weeks. I just have to sate the GF and earn more

brownie points cause I will be almost non-existent when my build gets back up to speed. 

Plus I am waiting for my Taxes to start getting the big shit done. 

• Like 2

Plus I am waiting for my Taxes to start getting the big shit done. 

Damn bro! I thought the big shit was already done 2.3 Baby!! And its sitting in the bay... what's up your sleeve???

Big investment no reward yet, gotta see ya drive it by Gino's swapmeet...

• 4 weeks later...