saving a 1970 chevelle

saw this car about 10 years ago sitting in the same place it is now

I have been talking to tge guy who owns the property he says its his x-wifes car and he wiill talk to her well ive been up there 10 times and its always the same story he has not talked to her yet....

9b4c2a74.jpg

9bf1e922.jpg

8117e5b2.jpg

7f15824d.jpg

those were taken this summer i dont think its going to last much longer

here is a pic from yesterday i went up there but the guy is on a hunting trip in canada

ive tryed looking for the owner on facebook but no luck the whole family hasnt been on facebook in 3 years....

this was yesterday

4233ecd3.jpg

ive got the licence plate number and ive no idea if its any good because of how long its been sice it was registered

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i would leave a note about it if hes not there the next time if he is ask him how long its been there if its been there for a stupid amount of time show him some cash and have a trailor ready then see what he says

i dont really see any rot just surface rust but that could be a different story for the floors

i dont know her name the next time i see him i am going to ask for her number

ive always wanted a 70 chevelle it was the first car i bought at age 14 but my older brother turned 16 and wanted it and i was a moron and traded him for a gokart..303214_249270698442874_100000798375576_629557_46499286_n.jpg

this is what my brother has done so far its got a 6 liter v8 out of a cadilac escalade a camaro 5 speed

Its nice that all the panels are available, better than the datsuns you picked up to try and save. But if you could not repair the rusted floors and put an inner fender and core support on a datto what makes you think you can do it on a chevelle? The parts are really pricey as well. Your much better off to spend some money going in and start with a nicer car. Learn how to fix little before you take on such a huge project. Finished cars are always less expensive than building cars. Building cars takes years of experience and focus to complete. You have to be really sick and skilled to build cars. Not to burst your bubble, its a lot of work and a lot of setbacks that most people do not have the character to deal with. So with that said, Ill let you get back to dreaming.

• Like 1

Its nice that all the panels are available, better than the datsuns you picked up to try and save. But if you could not repair the rusted floors and put an inner fender and core support on a datto what makes you think you can do it on a chevelle? The parts are really pricey as well. Your much better off to spend some money going in and start with a nicer car. Learn how to fix little before you take on such a huge project. Finished cars are always less expensive than building cars. Building cars takes years of experience and focus to complete. You have to be really sick and skilled to build cars. Not to burst your bubble, its a lot of work and a lot of setbacks that most people do not have the character to deal with. So with that said, Ill let you get back to dreaming.

you should take a look a look at my build thread. WTF buy a completed car? your on the wrong forum to be talking about that, they give no satisfaction.

the datsun u are talking about needed a new core support and floors i posted an ad looking for parts and instead i got a complete 510 with rusty floors and trunk that i have replaced. i just pulled the motor for a swap.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Well I finally got ahold of the owner today she said I can have it for 1000$

But idk if it's worth that in it's current shape I told her I would like to move it and take a look at the frame and the underside and try to get into the trunk to check for the typical rust areas

I am going to head up there sometime this week to check it out top to bottom

I'll post pics then

For the most part I just want to get that car outta there I'd rather it go for parts or be restored than rust away more than it has already

The last time I looked at it the rear window was not rusted at all but who knows without taking the window out. The floors were perfect but 6 months can do hell on a car

• 2 weeks later...

I went out there again to go over every inch of this car

Unbelievably the shell and frame has zero rot it's all solid I have no clue why. But it's amazing with the jungle growing in the car

eb3cbc73.jpg

db6e68ad.jpg

Looks like hell and has a lake in the back seat but after peeling up the carpet it's rust free

Factory ac v8 I think this car was restored in it's lifetime and that's what saved it

Going to pick it up sometime next week

989b97a6.jpg